Shadowwyn Moor Babe I'm Gonna Leave You
85 Posts
Ooc — Jess
wc:748
[Image: 2lkpusl.png]
--------------------------------------------------
Finally she consents to his touch, and sinks against him. For her, he holds fast and stays rooted to his place, feathering his teeth through the fur at the back of her neck. He could feel the sadness creeping through her frame, and the relief she seemed to be denying herself- as though perhaps she felt ashamed about where she was. Bruges knew that feeling all too well- and up until a moment ago, he’d nearly been lost in it. He couldn’t believe his luck now, having found the wolf that the Redhawks were apparently losing their minds over. Or maybe it was just Niamh, blowing things out of proportion, as she almost always did. It was hard to tell with that girl, but what he could tell was how much this Fire girl was needed back home where she belonged.

So she’d managed to escape; part of him found that fact more attractive than relieving, but that was just because Bruges was a bit of a perv, to be honest. Still, he was glad and proud that Fire had managed to escape from the Blackthorn creeps, even though she’d gone in the wrong direction. She’d made the choice to stay where she was just in case they were out looking for her, and he nodded, but remained close to her as he spoke.

”I did. I had every intention of joining those creeps...Met two of them, not long ago,” He said. ”Some dark fellow with icy eyes, and a female who seemed to be in charge, though she doesn’t look well at all,” He admitted. He gritted his teeth for a moment; he hadn’t been able to go through with it. He hadn’t been able to join them because he was too much of a coward- but he was damned if he was going to say that. ”But something didn’t feel right. They seemed to….Want me to join them, too badly. Something was up, so I decided to just keep moving, and keep an eye out for any sign of you.” He said. ”They miss you a lot, back at the Plateau,” He said softly, warmly. If only someone missed him in the same way.

”So yes, that’s what I’m doing here. And I know where Blackthorn is, so we can avoid it completely on the way back. And I-” He said, but was suddenly cut off.

A low, purling growl caught his attention, and he looked up to see, in the falling snow, a thin, tawny outline that was moving toward them. It did not move like a wolf, and the tail that lashed from side to side behind it was far too long and lean to belong to any sort of canine. Bruges was completely unaware of the fact that both his sister and brother had had experiences fighting with a cougar- but just like them, he underestimated the creature. From this far away, as thin as it was, it looked as though it was smaller than him. And looking at the cougar front-on, seeing nothing more than its head, shoulders and front legs, it might have not looked like much. What he couldn’t see was the full length of its sinewy body trailing behind those front legs, and haunches that sported coiled, rippling muscles, hind feet with claws just as sharp as those on its front feet.

”Back off, kitty,” Bruges growled softly, a warning that actually did make the feline pause for a moment, and it seemed to crouch, as though it had been startled. But it began to stalk toward them again, something frighteningly assured in its step. Bruges knew better than to turn his back on a cat, especially when all it would take was six or seven bounds and the creature would be upon them. It closed in. Five bounds now.

He didn’t motion for Fire to get behind him as he figured the hot-headed girl might not listen. Roughly, he shouldered her aside and placed himself between the two, giving the canine by his side a stern look. He couldn’t keep his eye on both the cougar and Fire, so he turned his muzzle back to face the thread. ”Git out of here, cat,” He warned again, and once again the feline crouched, lashing its tail from side to side, considering the two wolves who stood before it with an eerily complacent gaze.
--------------------------------------------------
Messages In This Thread
Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 02:35 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - November 22, 2018, 02:42 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 02:51 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - November 22, 2018, 02:58 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 03:24 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - November 22, 2018, 03:52 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Bruges - November 22, 2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Babe I'm Gonna Leave You - by Fire - December 16, 2018, 03:11 PM