Mudminnow River Wish I had more time
Aristos
36 Posts
Ooc —
He had not been far away at all from where such a grisly scene took place, and for the most part would have been unaware of it. Yet the piercing call of panic seized him, halting his task immediately. It was nearby in the relative sense but he did not approach it with the immediacy of an emergency initially. The terrain along the fringes of this part of the packland remained unfamiliar to him and if nothing else were to compose him, he did not go rushing into things with the vigor reserved for more stalwart, knightly champions.

It may have been this that saved him, this small selfish action.

The scene that he did find was a sign of clear malevolence; it stole the breath from him at once to see all the blood, the carnage strewn, and the signs that something far more foul than misery lurked in the timberland. Caution crept up on him as he advanced onto such a violent stage, his eyes almost everywhere by the bloodied mass of wolf. Except this was no wolf battered and torn—it was Hyacinth. He barely knew her beyond a name and a face, had yet to approach her and offer to tend to Rannoch... and it took no more than a cursory glance of her body to realize that this would be their only meeting.

There were many things he thought himself capable of fixing, but this was not one of them. He felt only the pinprick of pain come brief and quick as he rounded past her torn hindquarters to where her head rested. The pain had to be immense but with the onslaught of winter to their doorsteps, he had no knowledge of where her wares may have been, let alone how to comfort her. Bedside manner was not his forte, but then again far things were; the best he could do now was stand guard until more capable hands came.

Still, he mustered something of a soothing expression to his features as he looked on her.

”Rest now,” he ushered softly.

If she can even hear you, then it is a miserable existence, came another unseen rumble of whispers, and he did not disagree. All he hoped in that moment was that shock had replaced pain, and she would give in to the throes of a well-earned final rest—suddenly, the sound of another, or others, he could not tell. The feline, perhaps? His gaze rose suddenly from her, hackles flaring along the spiny ridges of his back to who would advance next.

leaving this open ended on my part as well.
Messages In This Thread
Wish I had more time - by Hyacinth (R.I.P) - November 23, 2018, 02:28 PM
RE: Wish I had more time - by Zugzwang - November 23, 2018, 03:01 PM
RE: Wish I had more time - by Tarot - November 30, 2018, 12:02 AM
RE: Wish I had more time - by Hyacinth (R.I.P) - December 06, 2018, 10:21 PM