Stavanger Bay chasing dreams like i'm on novocaine
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
All Welcome 
dated to later in the night @Cortland <3
a silver-pelted hound of the heavens stalked amongst the bay as a shadow; silent & unsuspecting. her coat glistening underneath a dimly-starlit sky, listening closely to the atmosphere and heeding the calls she could answer. she finds herself in what seems to be a private bay carressed by pounding waterfalls & crystal clear water in which she's sure some gods were born from. the whole place, to her, gives off an angleic vibe, which she hadn't felt for a long, long time.
leaving her subtle pawprints in the sand behind her, the wolfess treks further into the emerald grove with visions tearing through her eyesight as her heartbeat thumps in her chest, she couldn't be sure what she was experiencing, but the feeling it had given her was oddly less than uncomfortable. usually hallucinations send her into an immediate panic, though there was something special about where she was now. something raw, something that evoked a sense of longing, from deep inside her soul; she hungrily bats her eyes as her delicate steps come to an end.
her ear twitches as she finds herself amongst a lake. the scent of fresh water filling her senses, amatsu lays her body down amongst the water's delicate edges. she dips one of her paws in, swaying her tail lightly against the grass as turns her crown upwards to inspect the sky-- staring at the stars, wondering how many stories they could tell, if they were ever to speak in voices meant to be heard.
怌 ā˜† a m a t s u m a g a t s u c h iĀ  怍
the west wind is silent.
i am simply there to fill gaps between the others,
never to be felt on my own.
i am blank, now, but a breeze once blew through me.
billions of lighthouses stuck at the far end of the sky
209 Posts
Ooc —
so sorry for the wait, i forgot about this!
the night is cold and quiet, and the stars are bright beacons overhead in the clear sky; exactly the way the golden ghost prefers it. he wanders the bay in solitude, occasionally glancing skyward with argent eyes sparkling with admiration. his home by the sea is undeniably beautiful, yet he still finds the glimmering night sky unmatched in its elegance. sometimes he wonders what they might look like up close ā€” if their flame would consume him, or if they are not flame at all.
his thoughts are interrupted as the fresh scent of a stranger fills his nostrils rather abruptly. he stops, hackles prickling faintly. it takes a moment to calm himself enough to make his limbs move again. he sets off into the darkness at a trot, trailing the scent and chuffing into the night when he thinks he might be heard. he wonders if he should call for ford ā€” but surely his packmates are nearby. surely they wouldn't be long in coming if trouble arose; he needn't call them for nothing.
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
mindlessly moving her paws in a circle in the water, she turns her muzzle downwards & watches the ripples hypnotically. they cross over the crystal-clear reflection of the stars, warping their dimensions, their sparkle not dimming. a sigh escapes her throat as the silver-pelted goddess shakes her fur out lightly, taking in the entire feeling of the area of which she was in wholly. the divine feeling was unrivaled anywhere else-- before something crosses into her senses. chuffs. sharp exhales, slight growls with the ever-so slightest tone of aggression. it was almost a nervous type of noise. amatsu turns her direction away from the stars, the water, the sky-- reluctantly-- though in this moment, she must. her glacial gaze points into the night as she squints, trying to make out a possible form... though it's so dark it seems impossible. rather than waiting for a stranger to meet her with aggression, she calls out into tho depths of the bay.
,,hello?''
the west wind is silent.
209 Posts
Ooc —
a moment later, a voice cuts through the darkness, soft and feminine. his ears pull forward and he slows briefly, hesitating a few beats before he moves forward to close the distance between them. he chuffs again when a figure becomes clear just ahead, inquisitive this time. his tail swishes affably behind him despite his guarded posture, silver eyes gleaming as he presses forward. the cloak of night makes it near-impossible to discern the stranger's features, but by scent he knows the other as female, young, alone. he senses no hostility, yet part of him remains wary of the stranger. it is this wariness that brings him to a halt when only a couple yards separate them, lingering with tail still swaying as he waits for a second response.
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
a stranger emerges from the shadows-- their pelt a stark contrast from the blackness of which cloaked the bay. the chuffs continue-- inhales and exhales of air to not just make their presence known but possibly to intimidate. but amatsu-- blissful, delusional amatsu-- these puffs mean nothing to her except making her aware she's not alone. she turns her eyes towards him, still dreamily unaware what she's witnessing is real-- the goddess loses herself easily. the starlight bounces off of her pelt, giving her an etheral glow as her tail sways amongst the ground. ,,would you like to join me?'' she speaks, wondering a friendly disposition will relax the worried canine. ,,i'm stargazing. pondering the mysteries they hide. i'd be more than happy to ponder them with you.''
the west wind is silent.
209 Posts
Ooc —
the stranger seems unperturbed by his appearance, turning eyes of glimmering ice on him with no trace of alarm or aggression. the tension eases from his slim shoulders and he shifts slightly as she speaks, his own argent gaze brightening at her invitation. hesitation stays him only a moment before he moves to close the distance still between them with a brief nod, steps gentle and deliberate. he cannot recall meeting anyone before who shares his fascination with the stars ā€” or maybe he can? the thought startles him, distracting for a moment, but he's too intrigued by the silver-eyed stranger to linger on it long. he settles near the woman, glancing briefly between her darkened features and the starlit sky before his gaze settles on the latter. he sucks in a slow breath, wondering if the mysteries the other wolf ponders are anything like his own.
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
although wary at first, the golden idol closes the distance between them: settling down near her. his gaze lingers on her for what seems to be a fraction of a second before his crown points towards the heavens. he is silent still, but she doesn't mind it; silence does need company, and she was more than willing to ramble on about the stories in the sky. directing her gaze upwards, the ethereal woman lets out a quiet sigh before introducing herself. ,,i'm amatsu.'' her words are but a whisper. the stillness of the bay with its divine atmosphere was not one she wanted to destroy.

,,i've taught many about the stars but there is so much more i wish i understood.'' all her poetic speakings of bells were, most often, lost on others. stargazing was something she enjoyed all the same however-- pointing out constellations was something she strived to be better at. not everything needed to have some godly deeper meaning to it however-- and this was something she struggled with accepting. everything had to be here for a reason, right?
the west wind is silent.
209 Posts
Ooc —
she speaks after a moment, a whisper that his ears perk and rotate to catch; her name. amatsu. he glances again toward the woman, straining to see her features through the darkness so he might pair them with the name. she continues, and he finds his gaze drifting skyward again as she speaks of the stars. her words enchant him, both with the promise of a knowledgeable companion and the striking of a chord in his own heart; there is much that he wishes he understood, too. there must be some explanation for the connection he feels to the night sky. his gaze flits to the barely-visible sliver of moon hanging in the sky and a shiver runs down his spine. he's certain it must be watching him ā€” all of them.
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
the silence all but consumes her, it caresses the atmosphere as gently as it can, and she allows herself to be swallowed by the mysteries that live above them. amatsu observes the silver pools in the sky dilligently-- some were larger than others, some were shining brighter, some of them stopped shining as the time slolwy ticked by. it fascinated her-- they were looking millions, maybe even billions, of years in the past. if only the stars could speak, the stories they'd have to tell.

amatsu watches as the golden ghost stares into the distance, admiring the sky for what it is, what it teaches. ,,hey, look over there.'' she speaks quietly to him, motioning to a cluster of stars barely over to the east. ,,you can connect them. constellations have years of wisdom hidden in them. the hydra is the one that speaks the most to me.'' she wondered if this sunrise colored companion of hers had a favorite constellation-- she wondered a lot about him, really, but right now she was content: watching the stars with someone, pondering the many strange realities they could hold.
the west wind is silent.