Wapun Meadow Did you walk the expansive nature, and feel the wind burning your soul
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin's eyes narrowed as the male came close. His senses, attuned through battles fought and ambushes survived, told him that allowing a stranger to come so close was not the best of ideas. He did not retreat, he wouldn't give the warrior that, but his posture stiffened slightly, his eyes conveying a clear message: Don't try anything funny. It seemed however, that the male before him was also well versed in the tough life of war, for he extended his head while allowing Sorin a minimal target, if the dark male would have had any inclination to take it.

Again, the stranger asserted his dominance, raising his tail. Sorin did not respond in kind, but he did not show any submission, just a cool wariness and a calculating stare. He picked apart the others words, refusing to rise to the unspoken challenge at the mention of deer. He wouldn't beg for a hunt with the stranger. "I'm just searching for whatever prey I may find" Sorin said cooly. "I'm sure the forest to the east has some, there was scent when I last went there." It was partially a bluff, but Sorin was confident that something of value would reside there, even if he had to search for a while. He paused, then nonchalantly remarked, "I wish you luck with those deer. Hunting larger prey alone in the winter can be...challenging to say the least." As he spoke, Sorin's gaze became fixed on the others eyes. Such a comment, an attempt to turn the tables, might piss off the stranger.