Chimera Fields st james infirmary
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
All Welcome 
vauge post is vauge @Tenryū

the encounter in the storm left the warrior so dazed. he thought the former moonlit queen was long gone, but she stood right in front of him. a ghost of his past. it left him stuck in a dissociative state for the first half of the trip. the gentle ambiance of winter and thoughts hummed in his ears. he felt weightless, almost as if he were floating. if someone were there, he wouldn’t have noticed.

at some point he was able to regain his senses. if he remained stuck in daydreams problems would arise. someone could ambush him, he could loose track of his path, or a good opportunity could pass by. issun kept his wits about him as he traversed through thick snow.
common | japanese
せつげん
6 Posts
Ooc —
A great storm had passed over Teekon that dropped a hearty layer of fresh snow. It was unlucky timing for the traveling emissary, as he had left the shelter of Ravensblood forest only a few days ago. On the open plains there was little cover to bunker down from winter's claws, and so the night had been long and cold. A small copse of young trees and a half-buried gnarled trunk had made due... though Tenryū was sure a family of squirrels had shared his hostel for the night. Beggars couldn't be choosers, though, and the priest knew it was the Kami's intention to bring such snowfall. Though it was inconvenient at the time, the effects of a heavy snowpack would ripple down in unseen ways. For now, he just needed to endure the weather.

Starting fresh the next day, Tenryū shook the powder from his fur and continued South. His strong forechest acted like the bow of a great ship, breaking through the still-soft powder with ease. He needed to keep a good pace, however, because the snow would be sure to warm and become packed throughout the day... and this would make for difficult travel.

As he contemplated this fact, a dark figure appeared a few leagues away. It was another wolf crossing the fields in a similar manner. However, Tenryū was downwind and though his nose tasted the air for information on this stranger, there was none. Regardless, he approached, ears canted forward curiously.

common | japanese
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
he spotted movement from his periphrial. a stranger approached quietly. that soft white fur must’ve came in handy for these colder months. no one would ever see him coming. if not for the wind and gentle footsteps over snow, he would’ve been non the wiser.

issun’s posture straightened, but he made sure to keep his body language friendly. his stubby tail swayed back and forth. “hello,” he greeted with a nod. “what bought you out here?
common | japanese
せつげん
6 Posts
Ooc —
Tenryū's pace was even and respectful -- a tad bit reserved, even, until he saw the stranger's amicable posturing. He hurried a bit more, then, eager to meet with more wolves from this area as his father had advised. The male was large, with a squallish pelt and lighter peppering. A stump wagged where his tail should have been... and it made Tenryū wonder what had happened to it.

"Konnichi wa, Hajimemashite,” the Shinshoku replied to his stormy guest, "nice to meet you." Though he was fluent in the common tongue, Tenryū's deep voice remained heavily afflicted by a Japanese accent. "I am on a journey," he explained, taking two more steps towards the dark man until they were a wolf's-length apart, "I received a message to travel South. There are those who require my guidance." Tenryū's gentle expression was honest, his stance symmetrical and formal. He appeared practiced and deliberate, imitating the many times he had seen his father at ceremonies. However, there was a brightness to Tenryū's deep eyes that betrayed a trusting nativity.

common | japanese
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
it was always a shock to find someone who spoke his homeland’s tongue in the wilds. it was so rare here. the only wolves who spoke it were from someplace far or poncle woods. he briefly wondered if the man came from his birthplace, but his face was not familiar. then again, new faces would’ve showed up in his absence.

his reason for being here sparked some interest. “guidance?” who exactly was this man and who needed his assistance? did he know where to start looking? it wasn’t any of his business, but that didn’t stop his curiosity.
common | japanese
せつげん
6 Posts
Ooc —
When Japanese flowed from the stranger's mouth Tenryū's eyes widened and his jaw went slack. He had never expected to find one of his kind so far from their homelands. Were they of the same birthplace? Shikotsu-Tōya was a large pack, by normal standards, and though it was uncommon to have dispersal wolves, it was not unheard of. "Oh!" he chirped in surprise, visage growing noticeably more warm from its usual zen-like demeanor, "you speak Japanese!" He took this as an auspicious sign that his path was true and correct.

The priest nodded enthusiastically when the stranger inquired about his journey. "Yes, Brother," he affirmed, calming his energy, "guidance for those who seek to purify their spirits and be one with nature. I am here to show them and offer help. Shinto is not practiced in these lands and I know there are those who seek new purpose in their lives by giving thanks to Kami." Tenryū's abalaster tail waved, trusting this Japanese wolf would understand (and believing he had found a new friend)... as the white priest incorrectly assumed all those who spoke his language to practice these beliefs.

"My name is Tenryū Ishikawa, what may I call you?" he added with a cock of his head. The priest pined to know exactly where this man had come from, but withheld his questions in favor of formalities.

common | japanese
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
everything about the man was very interesting and mysterious. as he spoke issun leaned forward curiously. he’d never run into any particularly religious wolves before. there were certain traditions in his family, but there was never a name attached to them. he wanted to learn more about this kami.

issun bōshi of kamiki. it’s nice to meet you.” his head tilted to one side. “i’ve never heard of kami before. can you tell me more about them?
common | japanese