Totoka River if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
This sounds like it could have potential :) Maybe fade soon and begin a new thread for their first practice?

I'll do what you ask of me. "Good." Embry tilted his head as the boy met his gaze. There was a momentary lull in the conversation - now a common occurance on the riverbank - before he stood and shook droplets from his coat. The liquid didn't have the same effect as that of seawater; it lacked the flavor, he supposed.

"Nonsense," Embry clipped when his companion mentioned travelling. "We should vary the terrain so you can get a feel for the different battlegrounds." He gestured toward the nearby sand of the beach with his nose. The fluorescent scene was enhanced by the saffron glaze of the sun upon the water. 

"I will try to meet you halfway where I can. But you are right - the majority of the time we should converge near the ocean." Embry peeled his eyes from the distance at the sharp pang between his eyes. It only just occurred to him that the two were fresh out of their skirmish. In the scattering light, he noticed just how extensive this wolf's injuries were. He wanted to inquire more about these cliffside wolves - he assumed Dragoncrest - but he was especially interested in how the outbreak transpired. 

"We can begin whenever you would like. My schedule is flexible as of late," he pushed his curiosity to the back of his mind. There would be ample opportunity another time. "I would offer to start now, but" - he winced at the throbbing of his temples - "it seems we're both in need of recovery. Any warrior worth his claws knows when it's time to retreat." 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
RE: if given a knife and a hand in which to hold it, the mind would eventually eat itself - by Embry - January 14, 2019, 06:01 PM