King Elk Forest that is so not my motto.
97 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
Uh—yeah, sure, I guess! Owen nodded with a bit of hesitation. He'd never had to give directions before, especially not over such a distance. But he supposed at least she wasn't a pack wolf, so maybe if she got steered wrong and blundered into a lake someplace to sink and disappear forever maybe no one would miss her all too much or quickly... Owen mentally kicked himself for this uncharitable thought. ...If you keep heading north, but to this side of the Weir and that side of the basin, you should smell the plateau we've claimed...? Uh. Alpha's Quixote, officially, though Raven's probably the better one to talk to even if she stepped down for a bit... there's also Aunt Towhee who's Beta but she can be kinda weird sometimes so I'd probably ask for Raven still if I were you. As he was maundering on about various pack and family members Owen realized he was subconsciously starting to sign some of this stuff at the same time he was saying it; embarrassed, he made himself stop and sternly held his body much stiller as he continued. Poe wasn't likely to understand a word of ptero anyway, after all—heck, even Qui still wasn't great at it after all this time—and Owen didn't want to look like he had some crazy uncontrollable twitches or anything going on here. At least that's what he assumed Poe'd think; he probably looked like he actually had sister Kite's jittery issues to the non-ptero-initiated when he signed things.

There's more stuff to eat nearer the Plateau too, least so long as you don't mind hunting yourself some grouse... Owen continued. ...bit cold for fishing even where the ice hasn't taken over, really. And there are bugs around sometimes too I guess, if you like those, but they've pretty much all gone for the winter too. He paused with a slight thoughtful frown as Poe mentioned some names. No one I know, I'm pretty sure at least, but...I may've heard one of the grownups say something about some Ostrega at some point? It felt like it rang a vague bell in him, somewhere, though he was a little reluctant to mention even that much, in case he was mistaken or getting mixed up. But yeah, I'd definitely ask them. Or Raven at least. ...I'm probably gonna go ahead and start back that way myself in a bit, to be honest. Unless you know of something more interesting to do around here...I mean, I'm fine talking to you and all, but I sure ain't gonna try hunting any deer or anything, and that's about all I'm smelling here besides you. Thus far Owen was not much impressed by this area. It seemed like it was mostly just more trees and snow, and some deer hanging around someplace which he couldn't do anything about himself. Yawnsville. He was glad he'd met Poe at least or this whole trip mighta felt like it was entirely wasted.
Messages In This Thread
that is so not my motto. - by Mariposa - January 06, 2019, 10:02 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Owen - January 11, 2019, 04:36 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Mariposa - January 11, 2019, 06:09 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Owen - January 13, 2019, 05:30 AM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Mariposa - January 13, 2019, 04:45 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Owen - January 15, 2019, 09:38 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Mariposa - January 17, 2019, 12:39 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Owen - January 19, 2019, 01:48 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Mariposa - January 20, 2019, 04:21 PM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Owen - January 23, 2019, 02:26 AM
RE: that is so not my motto. - by Mariposa - January 25, 2019, 06:25 PM