Blacktail Deer Plateau you can always be chasing the sun.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
The dawn's rays had just barely begun to reach for the horizon, leaving the world a slightly lighter shade of midnight. That was the world Finley stepped out into with a smile. It was going to be a cloudy day, she could tell already. That was alright though, the clouds suited her just fine. Very quietly, the silver lady tiptoed away from her den and towards the edge of the world, as she liked to call it, ready to start a new day the same way she had always been accustomed.

It didn't take too long for Fin to reach her destination. As a new pack member, she hadn't explored too much of the territory yet and so still remained fairly near the borders of Black Deer Plateau. For a moment she just stood, looking out and admiring the land that stretched out before her at the edge of the Plateau. A gentle smile slipped across her face, and she breathed a sigh of contentment.

And then she ran.

Not only did she run, but she ran like a friggin' bear was on her heels, screaming for wolf-flesh. Anyone watching probably would have thought she had seen something, whether it was real or not. But no. This was just her routine. Fin got up in the morning, went for a walk and then sprinted until she was out of breath, at which point she turned it into an easy jog.

She had done it for as long as she could remember, though back in the day it was inspired by the desperate need to get the hell away from her huge family. Today she wasn't trying to get away, today she just wanted to stretch her limbs and start seeing more of her new world.

I have amnesia now, but that won't change me at all. You fight against my pack. I fight two times as hard. Now that shows you loyalty!
91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
Fireblaze was wondering out of her den, when she heard somebody leaving the camp. She raced out, tracking the scent until she realized it was the newer wolf, Finley. Bounding on, as fast as she could, her nimble legs tearing the ground to shreds, she thought she saw Finley.
Hello,she howled.I am Fireblaze.

She raced on, desperate to see the other wolf, wondering if they were related or not. She thought she had a Finley in her family, but she wasn't quite sure. (Can our wolves be like sisters or something, but they don't know it yet?)

Sprinting faster and faster, she flew into the neutral territory, awaiting Finley.

I am writing a book, and then publishing. It is called A Quest for Life: Journey Through the Unknown.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
I actually adopted Finley and the person who created her also created the whole backstory for her family, so unfortunately I can't :( But they can be packmates and friends!

<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b {color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

Finley slowed to a stop when she heard the howl. Her ears swiveled on her head as she located the direction from which it came, panting heavily from the workout she had just gone through. She turned and stared expectantly into the trees, waiting to see Fireblaze suddenly burst into view.

A black-striped tail wagged gently at her haunches in hello. She hadn't met too many of her packmates yet besides the alpha who had accepted her and the Gamma who had greeted her. Getting to know her packmates excited the Blackthorn, and so she chuffed a happy hello as the other wolf approached.

"Hey, you can call me Fin," she said with a smile. "I thought I was the only one who got up this early in the morning."

</style>

I have amnesia now, but that won't change me at all. You fight against my pack. I fight two times as hard. Now that shows you loyalty!
91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
Fireblaze slowed to a stop. Hello, Fin. Ya aren't the only one to get up this early. I go stretch and hunt usually. Today I shalt pay you a visit. Fireblaze went up to her and sniffed her flank. How long have you been in the pack? She stepped back and sat down. [/i][/b]'cause you took my spot in the ranks. Fireblaze chuckled.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Finley gave the other wolf a smile, flattered that she wanted to spend time with her (though not at all surprised; she was a pretty cool wolf to spend time with). She wasn't surprised at the question that was posed, but the comment that came after did throw her a bit. 'Cause you took my spot in the ranks... What an awkward thing to say. Fortunately, Fin was rarely awkward, so she brushed it off with a shrug, "I've been here for a few days. I guess Peregrine just thinks I'm hot," she gave a grin and added in jest,"When you got it, you got it, you know?"

The other wolf had mentioned hunting, so Fin decided to pursue a change in topic, not wanting to get sucked further into any potentially passive aggressive banter. The Blackthorn was not one to go after rank and try to climb her way to the top, but she was would defend what had been given to her out of respect to the one who had given her the honor. "Have you done your hunting already this morning? If not, I'd be happy to offer my help," she said with a friendly wag of her tail.

</style>

91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
Fireblaze thumped her tail when she heard that Fin wanted to hunt with her. This wolf seemed very nice, and Fireblaze thought they could be good friends. Sure, we can go hunting. Call me Blaze.

Walking out a little deeper into the woods, Fireblaze scented the ground, hoping to find a weak fawn or older deer. Coming, she asked, hoping Fin wasn't lying about the hunting.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
<style type="text/css">.Summer01 b{color:#587c95, font:12px calibri;}</style>

Fin was pleased that her invitation was accepted. Even more so when it was accepted with such enthusiasm that the other girl--Blaze, as she was to be called--started off before the silver woman could take a breath. She chortled gently to herself and trotted towards the ebony wolf, ready to follow her lead on this adventure, "I'm right behind you, Blaze!"

"Have you seen any game in the area lately?" Fin asked, wondering if Blaze already had a place in mind for them to head. If not, the Blackthorn was ready with a suggested direction, but she wanted to be polite and allow Blaze to lead the hunt if she so desired.

</style>

91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
Yes, but if you want to follow your own scent, I will go near it. I'll just show you my trail really quick.[b][i] Not looking to see if Fin was following, she dashed off across the landscape. Pausing, she howled out, do you want to find a new territory? Staring out into the world in front of her, Blaze got dazed. She didn't snap out of it until she heard a huge cracking sound. Bear! she screeched. Run
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Before Fin could respond to say she was content with following the Blaze's lead, the black wolf was off on her own trail. She hesitated, confused as to whether or not she was supposed to follow. She could no longer spy the other woman, but she heard the howl that rang out as a question on the wind. Fin was always up for exploring, so she lifted her voice in a howl to answer.

"Sure, I'm game, I'll catch up in a moment!"

With that, Fin trotted off, following her trail into the woods. It was only a moment before another call came through, this one shattering the peace of the Plateau with panic and warning. A bear? Fin blinked in confusion, not sure what the problem was. She was always forgetting that not everyone knew how to deal with the creatures the way that she did (because not everyone typically sought them out just to have fun dodging them).

Fin picked up her pace and called back to her frightened new friend, "It's alright, just run towards me! It's probably just has a den nearby that it's protecting, just come back to me!"

</style>

91 Posts
Ooc — Fireblaze
Blaze was trapped, the bear closing in on her. She swiped at it as hard as possible, but it swiped back, sending her reeling, the world blackening. "Help...." her voice was nothing more than a small yelp. The bear swiped her side, and she felt the wind knock out of her. Then, the world went dark.
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Her packmate's lack of response caused Finley a great deal of alarm. With a surge of speed, she burst forward until finally she spotted the black wolf as she flew backwards from the bear's blow. Without hesitation, the silver woman flew forward to defend Blaze, placing herself between the her and the bear.

Fin dodged a swipe from the roaring beast and planted her feet as she crouched. As the bear swept its arms away, she spotted an opening and dove for its snout, latching her teeth on its nose as it roared in fury. It swung its head and suddenly Finley's paws were on the ground again. She tugged as hard as she could, bringing it to all fours where she finally let go. Fin danced away as it snapped at her. She bristled in rage, roaring a challenge back at the monster who clearly accepted as it charged straight towards her.

The sterling wildfire grinned, spun on her heels and ran for it. The bear was quick to take up the chase and spitting mad, which was exactly what Fin had wanted all along. As she ran, she let out a howl, asking for someone to come and help get Blaze out of there. She had done plenty of outrunning bears in her time, but the problem was they always circled back to where they had started. Fin could not let that happen this time, not when an unconscious packmate was there, so she made sure to run slow enough to keep the bear interested in chasing her. Hopefully someone would get to the poor girl soon and make sure she was out of harm's way.

When Finley returned an hour or so later, Blaze had gone. There was no trace of blood or foul play, so she could only assume the girl had woken up and headed home on her own. Fin made a mental note to check on her in a few days, just to make sure she really was alright. With that, the Blackthorn turned and headed back to her own home for what she felt was a well-deserved rest.

</style>