Grouse Thicket all i want is a night of sleep
إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام
104 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Marruz did not notice the stranger at first. His mind was acutely aware of only one presence in the solemnity of the night: the hare. So it was that when he crouched to begin his hunting ritual, it came to him as a surprise when he heard the small pinch of sound nearby. 

Immediately, his mind abandoned the rabbit. Though outwardly he didn't change even to a fraction, his nerves were screaming at him internally to get moving; urging him to make use of his nimble appendages before he was good and dead. Instead, however, he shifted his eyes. The source of the eruption, minute though it was, had arrived from the location of his darker orb, so that without moving his head it was scarcely possible to notice his scanning of the foliage.

That's when blaring white fur pushed against his retinas. He chided himself for not having noticed the pearly stranger sooner. In the black tide of night, the sight was almost spectrous. As soon as he collected sufficient data — that is, the fact that this was a mature female and not a bulky alpha-wolf — he drew himself to his full height, ears flicking mechanically to address the stranger.

"Fancy interrupting my hunt?" his voice was of youthful timbre, though it was taut with a pulsing flare of curt temper. "Or would you like to catch the hare for me next time?" 

ابن النجوم
"son of the stars"
Messages In This Thread
all i want is a night of sleep - by Gwen - February 09, 2019, 02:49 PM
RE: all i want is a night of sleep - by Marruz - February 09, 2019, 03:57 PM
RE: all i want is a night of sleep - by Gwen - February 18, 2019, 05:54 AM
RE: all i want is a night of sleep - by Marruz - February 19, 2019, 10:14 PM
RE: all i want is a night of sleep - by Gwen - March 03, 2019, 11:02 AM
RE: all i want is a night of sleep - by Marruz - March 03, 2019, 07:10 PM