Fox's Glade Cause we both need it to forget this fear
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin listens with an attentive ear, hoping to gather what he can from her. A flash of sorrow pierces his soul as she describes losing her mother, and he remembers how his own family fell, how his pack was destroyed. The pain does not remain for long though, he is to busy listening as she continues, telling him who the elders were and who Nagka was. He smiles as she laughs, enjoying the pure sound free of the grief that had gripped her tones until then. He can pick up on the longing, but makes no mention of it. He isn't sure what she is wanting for, and it is not his place to ask. Still, he smiles inwardly from the fondness in her recounting.

He sighed inwardly at her question. He knew it was coming, and he figured that he owed her. She had answered his question after all. It didn't mean he liked it. But perhaps it was time he confided in another, that he told someone the legacy of the man who had been his mentor, guide, and leader.

"I met Viggo a few months after my natal pack was broken. We were attacked by rivals, and my parents were killed. As far as my siblings, I don't know what happened to them." his gaze falls as he remembered the attack, just after the family's last successful hunt. He sighs before continuing. "Viggo found me wandering near his borders. He challenged me, but I refused to back down. We had a brief altercation, and he promptly kicked my ass." A brief smile came across Sorin's face as he remembered the episode. He was young and reckless then, he had never stood a chance against the wise old warrior. "Then he let me join, said he liked my spirit."

"He taught me a lot. How to hunt, how to fight, and how to live life. He taught me about war, he had too because relations between rival packs were quite volatile. But he was just man; always fought for a honorable cause, and never made his enemies suffer. He was a warrior, a general, but he knew where to draw the line."  His voice was full of youthful admiration as he told her about his mentor.

"He always did his best to make time for me, despite having to lead the pack, and care for his mate. I still can't fully understand why he put so much effort into me." A shadow crossed Sorin's face, for he still felt like he had failed Viggo in not holding the old alphas pack after ousting Bane. But leadership had never really appealed to him, and there had been too much bitterness over the whole ordeal for Sorin to want to fill the role of leader. Still, the guilt persisted.
Messages In This Thread
Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 11, 2019, 10:21 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 12, 2019, 03:32 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 06:34 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 07:20 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 07:39 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 08:37 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 09:33 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 10:18 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 13, 2019, 10:40 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 13, 2019, 11:13 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 14, 2019, 12:34 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 14, 2019, 01:14 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 18, 2019, 09:02 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 20, 2019, 03:54 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 20, 2019, 07:32 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 20, 2019, 08:16 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 20, 2019, 08:32 PM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Sorin - February 21, 2019, 12:59 AM
RE: Cause we both need it to forget this fear - by Síff - February 21, 2019, 01:40 AM