Honeyed Pasture Abandoned but not forgotten
Beauty is power; a smile is its sword
153 Posts
Ooc — Aliea
Away
The silence between them felt like an eternity. Only the sound of the wind weaving through the barren trees, pushing the snow onto the dead grass below, remained. It was nearly quiet enough that she could hear each wavering inhale of his breath.

The dove’s features twisted from seething to resigned as the eternity subsided and his regrets resurfaced. It seemed that he was readily apologizing, and yet the unease still lingered within her heart. The brute before her was sincere, handsome, and cared for her… and yet at the same time he was the man who left her, pushed her and denied that it was actually he who had committed it.

Feyre’s doubts circled within her mind’s eye like vultures around a carcass, her feelings and fears swirling into a vat of confusion. “That’s the problem Embry. Right now, you say that how committed I am – was.” She corrected herself, “– to you doesn’t matter, and yet you used to obsess about it.” She let out a puff of air. “You say your heart has been with me, but you weren’t. Not when I needed you most, so how am I supposed to trust you without knowing that one day I might wake up alone…again.”

The honeyed fae sighed heavily, her eyes searching the stars for the solutions she sought. She had never given her trust back to someone who broke it, and perhaps today was not the day to change her pattern. It was odd that she had even stopped to hear what it was the male had to say, but even she knew that if she had not stopped to listen to him she would have thought about it for the rest of her life.

It hurt to know that they only thing that kept him from her was himself. He could have searched for her if he truly cared as much as he said he did, and yet he did no such thing.

Feyre’s amber gaze slide back to his, nearly black in the dark evening. Resolve laced her tone as she murmured, “I’m not sure I can ever trust you again…” Her eyes welled up with emotion, “I – I just need to go... Goodbye Embry.” Her voice faltered on his name, and yet she still began to back away.

Mercenary: 5/5
Messages In This Thread
Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 27, 2019, 09:08 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - February 27, 2019, 07:51 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 27, 2019, 09:27 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - February 28, 2019, 12:20 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 28, 2019, 08:56 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - February 28, 2019, 04:43 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - February 28, 2019, 10:37 PM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - March 01, 2019, 12:02 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Feyre - March 01, 2019, 09:01 AM
RE: Abandoned but not forgotten - by Embry - March 01, 2019, 01:35 PM