Phoenix Maplewood In between acceptance and this ain't what I asked for
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Mista for Annaliese <3 not entirely sure where this falls on her timeline but oh well

As daylight grew wan and shadows lengthened, evening bade her give her travels a rest for the moment. The thick shadow of trees was inviting shelter for the night, as it blocked much wind. The fae passed by the frozen mire that had once been Feller's Pond, dark gaze flickering briefly to the desolate pit. 

Rains had washed away much of the melting snow but ice still clung to a few choice shrubs and plants, reflecting the fiery display of crimson and violet overhead as twilight approached. 

The sweet scent of maple syrup beckoned the healer to the trunk of a nearby tree, rearing onto her remaining hind leg as she leaned against the tree for support. The sylph's neck, cloaked in a thick ruff at this time of year, extended towards the sticky patches of partially frozen syrup. It dripped onto her fur as she lapped at the sweet sap, tangling the pale strands. 

After a time, she abandoned the sugary treat in pursuit of the savory scent of blood and fear nearby - the scent of a fresh kill. The ghost crept through the damp foliage, following the promising perfume with her nose lowered to the forest floor. It led her to the unfortunate scene - a scrawny hare, coat patchy with brown as it had changed its camouflage for spring too early. This must have attracted the fox that had attacked it, for the musky scent nearly smothered that of the prey, though it had escaped with a mangled hindleg and was now struggling to move more than a few inches at a time. 

Liri padded forward, ignoring the pitiful beast's panicked flailing at the sight of her, and soon closed the distance between them. She dispatched the hare swiftly, feeling that it should know no undue harm. It would have likely perished anyhow; at least this way it provided some nourishment for the loner. 

The sylph took the small body in her jaws, carrying it gently as she trotted back to a sheltered area of fallen trees where she stretches out comfortably to enjoy her meal. 

Her ears flickered as she dug in, eyes roving about in search of danger as she filled her stomach. 
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."