Stone Circle ; all have been led astray
17 Posts
Ooc —
Away
i'm sorry she's such a turdwaffle ):

Oath clocked the sound of crunching footfalls the minute they'd come within range and she slowly turned her head to where she'd see a form in only a few seconds, judging by the rapid nature of them. It was a male. Wonderful. Just their luck. Oath withheld a sigh as a grey and black form came charging towards the stone circle and quietly Oath braced for a collision, loosening her muscles as she'd learned to do in a physical skirmish one did not actually want. She'd long since resigned herself to being the punching bag, and if Goose was involved? She'd let him tear her apart as long as meant her friend was safe. However, he'd be beyond stupid if he thought she'd go down without a fight if it truly came to that. Sure, she'd let him pin her and snarl in her face and get his rocks off on her submission, but the second he looked at Goose wrong she'd go straight for his vunerable areas. The areas often exposed when a male pinned a female. Goose would escape. Goose would always escape. There was no other option, and the very faintest, ghost of a smirk tugged at her lips.

Instead of smashing into her, though, the wolf came skidding to an abrupt stop that launched a barrage of beautifully arching snow her way. The small she-wolf looked from the snow to him, a fine eyebrow lifting in question. All her brutal preparations halted. Was this the usual greeting? Snow fight? Amusement tinged her eyes before fading slightly as he spoke. The she-wolf raised herself slightly but retained the low, wide stance she had just adopted. In case things went sour. His voice was unexpectedly even for someone who'd just come rocketing out of the forest like he'd had an army of wasps on his tail. Oath's eyes narrowed slightly and she took a small, dainty sniff.

"Now, now. A desperate fool," She corrected in a voice a little too melodic, sounds drawn out a little too long. "And I am well aware of what I have done."

The brown did not miss the glances towards Goose and she fought down the rise of her hackles, settling for rolling her petite shoulders and fluffing her short ruff instead. Her friend had been well hidden in the snow and Oath was not sure how this newcomer had discovered her so quickly. By scent? Sure. By sight? That was a neat trick, considering how adept Goose was at staying unoticed, unseen. Oath eyed him carefully, taking in the shape of his form and calculating their options in the increasing chance that things went sour. He was easily nearing twice her size, as most wolves were considering she was a measley scrap of a wolf. Especially now that the effects of hunger had touched her ribs, sunken her face somewhat. Feeding Goose had been more important that feeding herself - the white was still growing and Oath was pretty sure she'd stopped growing at a few moons old. He had muscle. He had size. He had a very.. dominating air about him. It felt rather extreme, considering they were both relatively small females who were obviously feeling the effects of winters chill. Overkill, surely.

She came to no real conclusion as the thoughts skidded about in her head, so she made a sound low in her throat - an attempt to bring his attention back to herself and not Goose. Oath knew he knew, but that was of little consequence. Goose was hidden enough that if someone else came flouncing along she might still be able to distract the pair of them enough to keep her friend hidden. But for this... His eyes needed to he on her. And just as she needed him looking at her, she herself needed to not look back at Goose. It took tremendous effort, but she managed to keep her eyes on the male rather than her friend. Instead of meeting her eyes, the littlest of the three settled for the occasional tail-flick and shoulder adjustment that she hoped was reaching the white as a calming gesture.

If she stayed loose rather then tense, perhaps Goose would settle down some as she was surely spooked by his rather outrageous approach. Oath could sense rather than smell the fear on her friend, it pulled in her chest harshly, so she attempted some lighthearted banter she was sure the male would not appreciate. No matter.

"Do you usually throw snow on tresspassers? Or was that just for me?" She asked lightly, lifting a paw before pressing it back into the snow - the crunch pleased her. "I'd say I'm sorry for tresspassing, but I'm not. I have business here." Her eyes lifted as she drawled on. "I'm looking for your alpha." The word was foreign and left a bad taste, as names for leadership roles usually did. She'd see far too many tyrants in her short life.

Her eyes shuttered and she shrugged, as if she could roll his glare right off her fur like water on a ducks feathers. "I'm not here to cause trouble."

Amber met hazel.
Messages In This Thread
; all have been led astray - by Oath - February 28, 2019, 03:37 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Goosie - February 28, 2019, 03:40 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Merrit - February 28, 2019, 07:24 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Oath - March 01, 2019, 08:43 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Goosie - March 01, 2019, 08:45 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Greyback - March 01, 2019, 06:04 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Merrit - March 04, 2019, 11:02 PM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Oath - March 05, 2019, 12:37 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Goosie - March 05, 2019, 10:02 AM
RE: ; all have been led astray - by Greyback - March 06, 2019, 09:52 PM