Neverwinter Forest you became the light on the dark side of me
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Despite the harsh undertone in her words, Embry couldn't shake the feeling that this was it. Maybe, finally, they could start focusing on repairing their relationship together. The thought sent tremors of joy through his chest; warmth spreading throughout. He just nodded at first; nodded and thought about how clever she was — how clever she always had been. And it hurt even more to think that he just up and left it all.

There was regret in his eyes. And what she said made perfect, logical sense: this wasn't going to be a one-sided operation. He didn't want it to be that way — hadn't even intended for it to be that way in the beginning. There were aspects of his life that had changed since then... Some of the old Embry was gone, now, and gone for good.

"Of course I understand," he took a tentative step forward; bolstered by the swelling heat within his chest. Bolstered by what she had said: about learning how to love together. Taking on the world; just the two of them. And the best part was, he knew they could do it.

The water coughed at his cautious motion. "It's not going to happen ever again. Nothing is going to hurt you. Not so long as I'm alive." Another step. He was at the edge of the stream now. "I'd rather die than have to spend another day without you."
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
Messages In This Thread
you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 05, 2019, 06:40 PM
RE: you became the light on the dark side of me - by Embry - March 06, 2019, 05:31 PM