Northstar Vale Its the sunrise
105 Posts
Ooc —
Sorin had guessed she was going to say something along those lines. With the recent distance he had created, it only made sense for her to doubt him. It did sting a little, to know that she had doubts about his loyalty, but Sorin knew he wasn't the most...outgoing or friendly of characters, nor the most trusting.

When she first spoke he opened his maw quickly, ready to assure her that of course he would stay, that he enjoyed it here, but the words wouldn't come as readily as he wanted. He knew that such a rapid promise might feel hollow to her, given the distance he had created. So he recomposed, a reflective, carefully thoughtful expression coming over him as the shadow gathered his thoughts.

"I do Liri," he said after a moment. "I do enjoy it here, with you. And I think I could enjoy the company of others, given time." He knew, right now, she needed him to be completely honest, and so he measured his words carefully. "It's just...difficult for me to contemplate living amongst others again, opening up to others. You must understand that fear and mistrust kept me alive under Bane and Livia. Those ideals, they are not something that can be tossed aside, not when you had to live by them to survive." He sighed briefly as the memory of those terrible months as an exile in his home came back to him. He had lived on fear, been saved by mistrust and caution, and had kept them close by his side ever since. "I'm going to try my best, for you and for the pack you are trying to create. Just don't expect me to be whole all at once, if ever. Some pain, as I'm sure you're well aware, runs too deep."

He paused, his gaze falling down into the valley again as he finished speaking. He hoped that she would understand, that his words had not made the situation any worse. "I will try though, that I can promise you." he said lowly.
Messages In This Thread
Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 12, 2019, 01:15 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 12, 2019, 01:56 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 12, 2019, 02:45 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 12, 2019, 03:01 PM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 15, 2019, 02:06 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 18, 2019, 05:15 PM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 28, 2019, 12:07 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - March 28, 2019, 01:18 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - March 30, 2019, 01:08 AM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Síff - April 01, 2019, 03:27 PM
RE: Its the sunrise - by Sorin - April 01, 2019, 09:05 PM