Lone Star Mountain obloquy of newness
i have loved the stars too fondly
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
a... druid? what was that? the girl's eyes focused on the other, widely in amazement. so many words she didn't know. so many meanings behind it. she didn't want to be rude and bombard him with questions, even if her mind buzzed excitably with wanting to learn the meanings. "I can have magic?" she took only that away from the conversation right now. her head tilted to the side, a thoughtful furrow of her brows. Ma and Pa never said she had magic. maybe they didn't know? maybe they were non-magic peoples and she was the special one? naw, that couldn't be true. her parents were very special.

he seemed so sure it was the stars and not other aspects of nature though. "how do you know it isn't the flowers that talk to you? or the trees? do stars have a special voice?" Bee would ask, brimming with excitement. her gaze left Sheri's face to look at the night sky. he said the stars sounded wispy and soft... she squinted her face at the sky, tongue rolling from her lips as she attempted to induce a vision for herself. but try as she might, all she could do was hnnnngh! before giving up. "maybe I don't know enough about the stars for them to talk to me." she'd say almost regretfully, turning back to the mortal realm.

"it's cold?" she would blink a few times at him, not really noticing before now. her thin coat she got from Pa but maybe due to her excitement and constant moving, she never really cared to think it was cold. "so we're north... that means... uh... Polaris will guide us!"
Messages In This Thread
obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 18, 2019, 04:38 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 18, 2019, 05:54 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 18, 2019, 06:03 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 19, 2019, 03:20 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 19, 2019, 03:51 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 19, 2019, 04:15 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 19, 2019, 04:27 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 21, 2019, 03:52 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 21, 2019, 04:44 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Sherigrim - March 22, 2019, 02:15 PM
RE: obloquy of newness - by Willoughby - March 22, 2019, 04:03 PM