Swiftcurrent Creek Nicotine
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
On the west edge of the territory, between the Creek and Arrow Lake / the mountains.

A river came in to view before him, the sound drawing him across the earth. Something echoed in his head - the undulation of the waves perhaps? A sense of need, persisting. He looked back, spied the dark mountians standing like rows of teeth, and wondered, 'Did I come from there, or am I going there?' But the logical side of him countered that — he was going the other way, else his body would be facing the mountains not away from them. He had probably had this personal conversation a few times.

He dipped his head over the water, saw a flash of a face — the gold of Yellowbelly — and had to close his eyes so that he could drink without thinking. Otherwise, he'd have been stuck wondering who is thatwho am I?

Once the need was satisfied, he turned his attention to the riverside. Which way should he go?
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
His diligent patrol brought him towards the eastern edge of the territory. He paused his steps as the scent of a stranger filled his nostrils, head whipping in the direction to which the trail would lead. Fierce protection of his new family pulled him into a trot, his senses sharpening as he tracked the scent to the borders. 

He saw the light grey form standing near the water. Kavik thought he looked somewhat lost, and he wondered why he had wandered so close to claimed land. Do you require assistance? the alpha asked. Maybe he was lost? Regardless, it made Kavik nervous to have strangers loitering about so close to the creek with his children tucked away inside the territory.
I'm no good without you
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
he'd only been here a few days but he was going to do what he could. right now, Benedict's paws lead him on patrols. sometimes people were wary of newcomers and he wouldn't force the Swiftcurrent people to interact with him until they were ready. he'd found a den by himself and introduced himself to those that would listen. he took little from the cache until he hunted first, so it was obvious he was going to patrol.

with an unfamiliar and familiar scent in the air, he'd turn instinctively to where Kavik had wandered toward the stranger. coming up from behind the alpha, Benedict would quietly watch as the man was offered some help. he didn't know if the pack had a healer, else he would have fetched one. he'd just remain quiet, a silent presence and support in case this turned ugly. he really hoped not. he didn't care to fight much. but help? he could try that. he could even fetch someone if Kavik needed him to.
2/5 0/5
major focus on group hunting, patrolling, defensive fighting
benedict speaks with a heavy accent; if you need a translation just ask!
497 Posts
Ooc — Java
Master Ranger
The water was soothing, it tasted vaguely floral from the terroir of the spring soil, touched with minerality. But it wasn't familiar like he hoped. The poor man would never know that this was his true home where he began - how unfortunate for him. He lingered by the waters edge and seemed to retain his memory for a little longer than before; maybe the presence of the water, even unfamiliar water, was enough of a balm.

He looked up with a start when he heard the heavy steps of someone coming close - it was like listening to a black bear raging through a patch of blackberries. His gaze landed on the stranger's determined gaze but he lacked the awareness to avert his twin moon eyes; then he noticed another wolf slinking close from just off their flank. Oh no -- had he done something wrong?

I don't know, he admitted first. Do I know you? Or you me? I -- I can't remember. Oh, he sounded like he was talking in riddles! He felt flushed and grew a little agitated, pacing back from the water - and broke the calm which afforded him some memory. It started to slip away from him; but he looked again to the black bear and said, Oh, hello! How long have I -- but he didn't finish the thought in full.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
A flick of an inky ear in Benedict's direction was the only indication that the alpha had become aware of his packmate's arrival. He was grateful for the support, but he refused to remove his eyes from the peculiar stranger. The man began to talk, his words only serving to further confuse Kavik. And then he began to pace a little, and Kavik tensed, relaxing some when the man seemed to come out whatever strange state he had been in. He stared at the other man for a few seconds, unsure quite how to respond to his question. How long have you what? he finally asked, deciding to go for maybe clearing things up first before jumping in to the more pressing matter of what the hell was wrong with this odd wolf. It normally wouldn't make him so uncomfortable to have someone clearly in need near the borders, but Kavik couldn't help the protective urge that came with being a new father and as much as he wanted to help this man, his need to keep his family safe won out.
I'm no good without you
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
the strange man was perhaps touched in the head. which could mean he was either dangerous or tragic. perhaps a bit of both. Benedict watched sadly as he proclaimed he didn't know what he was doing, where he was, and even asked who they were. maybe he had been hit on the skull. maybe he had amnesia. it was clear what Kavik thought; he was concerned for his family and wondered whether to even assist this one. 

Benedict decided to try. he'd move closer to the alpha, lowering his head so only they could hear what he spoke. "if ye like, I can r'main 'ere n' watch em" he offered "or can find a 'ealer." his own father had been the type to stubbornly sit outside the family den when danger was near, refusing to even patrol if a strange beast was close by. the man wondered if Kavik was the same, that his thoughts were pulling him toward his mate and children. either way, the situation was a bit grim.
2/5 0/5
major focus on group hunting, patrolling, defensive fighting
benedict speaks with a heavy accent; if you need a translation just ask!