Phantom Hollow His eyes upon your face
218 Posts
Ooc — gryff
Away
Ganon watched his uncle's face closely, looking for signs of... anything, really. Anger most of all, for he feared his uncle's strength and prowess as a fighter. He also kept a close eye on the wolf at Damien's side, unknown to him, but recognizable in his features and the coldness in his eyes. An assassin. 

Despite Ganon's fears of being rejected for his cowardice and betrayal, Damien welcomed him with open arms. Perhaps there was some semblance of familial bonds still there, or perhaps Damien wanted more muscle on his side. But either way, there was a chance for Ganon to reunite with his family. An opportunity to be accepted once more.

No, At first he was not sure why he was so blunt, so quick with his answer. It tumbled out of his mouth almost immediately, without a moment to think about it. When he realized his impulsiveness he paused, looking to the silent wolf at Damien's side once more, then back to his uncle. I fought with my mother because I rejected the Daedra. I still do, It felt strange to declare it to one of his own. To anyone else that statement meant nothing, but to a Melonii, to Damien, the son of Meldresi, it was blasphemous. Even without the strong belief in those dark Gods, Ganon felt that way, as if he was committing some great sin. Perhaps he was.  I know who you are, Uncle. I know what our family is. I can't go back to this. It would not work for anyone.

At that moment he realized what his defection had been. Fear of his family's response. If he had been a stubborn fool in his childhood and stayed, he might have been kicked out. That was what he feared. More infighting, more turmoil, more anger, and hate. He could not bear to see his mother upset with him so he left. He could not bear his family's hatred and rejection of him, so he left. It would not be good for me to stay with either group. He did not know to what extent Maegi and Ramsay still held onto the Daedra. He had a feeling that it was still there, despite their rejection of the Dark Brotherhood's teachings. Blackfeather Woods was a magical place, regardless of one's religious views. Ganon could not go back. He could not stand the thought of being in that place of spirits. He could not bear to feel the eyes of Meldresi, Miraak, Cicero and the many other Meloniis on him day in and day out.
My mind is clearer now...

...at last, all too well...
Messages In This Thread
His eyes upon your face - by Ganondorf - April 19, 2019, 08:36 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Midar - April 19, 2019, 10:02 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Ganondorf - April 21, 2019, 01:21 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Damien - April 21, 2019, 07:21 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Midar - April 22, 2019, 08:41 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Ganondorf - April 23, 2019, 08:34 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Damien - April 29, 2019, 04:19 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Midar - May 01, 2019, 05:33 PM
RE: His eyes upon your face - by Ganondorf - May 02, 2019, 07:22 AM