Stavanger Bay idk my bff jill
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Kaertok had, and always would be, a guardian. It was a skill he had fallen into naturally, and one he enjoyed. What better way to get a good feeling for this new pack than to skirt its borders and watch for interlopers. Not only that, but the long walks cleared his head and allowed him to think (or not, depending on how he was feeling). The soft sounds of his feet and the breeze were the only things he could hear right now. Everything else seemed rather quiet this afternoon.

He wondered what had happened to the previous leader (was he still around?) and what his brother actually expected him to do. Kaertok was in no position to usurp anybody... was he? Maybe he would bide his time and see where it took him.
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Firefly could find entertainment in the strangest of places, most of which (at least lately) revolved around how absolutely livid the wolves of the bay were with him; he enjoyed the way they fought him, contested his right to rule, and resisted despite the validity he felt was present. He'd beaten their leader, he became their leader - it was simple. But when they'd all buggered off to fume privately, that left Firefly at a loss. He had nobody to fight and nothing to really do, except explore the territory that had become his kingdom.

It was boring.

But when he noticed a pale shape along the forest's edge, the man's pace picked up. He sauntered on over like he owned the place (because he did), waving his tail high and hoping he'd get a rise out of the wolf — until he recognized them as the newcomer that had almost been turned away by one of the assholes of the bay. Oh, he blurted, and with a swish of his tail he relaxed his posture a little bit, you're the one I just accepted. Cool.

It wasn't the most dynamic of reintroductions, nor really fitting for the Aegaeton behaviorally, but whatever. Firefly was apparently much more lax than the creatures within this pack; they took everything so seriously! Like, hadn't they ever seen two leaders fight for their right to party before? Whatever. He smirked at the pale wolf and said, Welcome! I guess. I'd show you around but I'm not equipped to do that yet. I'm Firefly, welcome to --- wherever this is. Right, great, good job.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Oh boy, what a shitshow. Kaertok was so used to things being... well-run. The Tartok branches had always been simple, and while there were occasionally disputes, they were quickly resolved. This guy had taken over, and he didn't even know the pack's name? That was a whole new level of ridiculous.

I'm Kaertok, he said, remembering that he hadn't even given his name before. What drove you to overthrow him? The other leader, I mean. Malrok was never one to beat around the bush, so why start now?
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Kaertok? He liked that name. A nice manly man's name. Firefly grinned and then found himself chuckling when the man asked his question, assuming it wouldn't be long before people became more up-front about their concerns over the turn of events. When the rest of Stormrift wasn't busy trying to fight him off the land he'd stolen, Firefly half expected the pack to mob him at some point and demand answers - of which he had few.

Felt like it. He answered flippantly.

He smirked and snorted at himself, finding the entire thing incredibly amusing - he'd turned in to some kind of troll. I was tryin' to impress a girl. She wanted some adventure. We came across the borders and picked a fight, I won - she ran off like a pussy, now I'm the boss. Women, eh? Can't live with 'em, can't --- whatever the saying is.

He snorted and left it at that.
454 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Malrok was going to go ahead and wager that Firefly was young. Too young to be leading. Not only that, but he wasn't going to be alive much longer with an attitude like that. Perhaps it was Kaertok's fault for not picking up on it sooner, but he quickly realized this place was going to go to shit in about three seconds flat. Even if the former leader managed to reclaim the pack, it would be shaky at best.

Firefly had pissed off an entire pack, claimed it, and they would revolt. Kaertok didn't want to be around for that.

You're a goddamn idiot, he said. I would say I wish you luck, but I don't. In fact, I'm going to peace out of this place immediately to avoid whatever carnage comes next. He meant it, too. Kaertok's mind was now fully made up. This coastal pack was stark raving mad. Without further ado, Malrok went from patrolling the borders to getting as far away from them as he could.

Deuces, ya crazy pack.
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Well that was anti-climactic. The man voiced his own opposition and even insulted Firefly a few times, which might've bothered him had he really cared - then, as he turned and fled, Firefly's good humor turned sour. He watched them depart with a stern expression on his face.

Then he huffed, turned, and stalked the other way - he didn't need that random ass guy to support him, he didn't need anyone. He was totally fine the way he was.

[Image: giphy.gif]