Sun Mote Copse I'm gonna be a mighty king so enemies - beware!
97 Posts
Ooc — Bryndel
The little boy gave him a look, but Owen took it in stride. What could this harmless and, frankly, super-adorable little shrimp do to him anyway? Owen didn't often feel very big and grown-up and in-control of things but he had to admit that standing here on this grassy hummock looking down on this little guy he felt very mature indeed, and almost...parental? Maybe Eljay had been right after all. Maybe Owen could be a really super-awesome big brother figure to this little guy! Assuming he was Eljay's offspring, that was... Tail genially all awag, Owen stretched out his long red nose and took a deeper sniff to try and ascertain this for sure.

The deer-hide seemed to have ceased its shenanigans without the child's animating force behind it, unsurprisingly. Owen glanced at the battered toy laying there all forlorn, and had to fight back a knowing smirk as Elfie ordered the thing to stay put where it was. Owen felt himself rather worldly and superior in that moment, smiling fondly down on the young boy, thinking to himself how great it was that he actually had a little brother...of sorts! In the wrong pack and at the wrong time and all that, true, but still! This was pretty cool, especially since it allayed the fears he'd relayed to Eljay awhile back. ...It never occurred to Owen that his newest favoritest "little brother" here might be already scheming about making Owen his next chew toy. Owen had already convinced himself after all that there was no way on earth that brothers could be anything like as bad as sisters, after all. Owen had more experience than he would ever have entirely wanted of the latter, after all, and none whatsoever of the former...and yeah, it kinda badly showed.

Owen crouched down coaxingly as the younger boy trip-trotted closer. Hey there! Are you one of Eljay's little kids, kid? And already such an impressive little hunter, wow! If I ever have a bit of deer attacking me I'll be sure to keep yourself in mind to call, in event of an emergency. I'm sure you could take down any ol' mean deer that meant anywolf some harm. Owen was oblivious to the sickly sugary sweetness creeping into his tone of voice, a doting and somewhat condescending cadence that he had always rather resented adults leveling in his direction when he was younger. That was just how one talked to little kids though, right? Especially when one wasn't even sure if they could actually talk back at all just yet.
Messages In This Thread
RE: I'm gonna be a mighty king so enemies - beware! - by Owen - June 17, 2019, 09:47 AM