Panther Park A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Eyes still fixated on his hopefully next meal, the young male didn’t notice another wolf coming up from behind. The wind was in his favor so he got a nose full of rabbit but sadly not the stranger sitting somewhere behind him. Basil carefully placed each paw in front of the other and rearranged his body so it was in prime position to take off and hopefully give the rabbit a quick end. It would not do to torture it with a badly placed strike. Basil always tried to end his hunts quickly and hopefully without causing too much pain to his prey. It might be food to him but it was still a living being.

He had to be extra careful with the collar but it seemed to not be too much of a hindrance while hunting. At least that’s one of the good things about this situation. He might not know what it was or what it does but it wasn’t hindering him that much. It was just extra weight he had to get used to and sometimes it obstructs his head movement but not by a lot.

After he deemed his positioning perfect he readied a jump and in a single bound he jumped on the rabbits back, biting down on its windpipe and head to give it a fast and merciful death. After releasing the now dead animal he hissed a “YES!” into the air and look around quickly but inattentive. He was so hungry; he didn’t have the patience to make sure the perimeter was safe so he just started digging in. Basil wasn’t a messy eater but he was starving so might be a bit overzealous. This meal would fill him for a bit. He would need food again soon as a rabbit doesn’t fully fill his belly that has been rumbling since yesterday but it was one less day or starvation. A quick thought flew to the gods, thanking them for a successful hunt.
Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
Messages In This Thread
RE: A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness - by Basil - May 31, 2019, 04:45 PM
RE: A cloud hangs over and mutes my happiness - by Basil - August 15, 2019, 09:09 AM