Whitefish River Talk about backseat fishing
139 Posts
Ooc — Mai
A frown pulled at her lips and she cast a look over her shoulder. As if wary that someone she didn't want to see would appear in that void of space at any moment. Morgan and Kukutux, she noticed, were nowhere in sight. Maybe they had decided to stay behind, near the pale fae's sanctuary after all. 

Glancing back at Evergreen, who was expressing a blend of concern and curiosity, Chai regarded him in silence. Then, with a tip of her muzzle, gestured for him to step away with her, if only a few steps. What should she tell him, and how much? She had tried once, to open up to Cry before. She very nearly did, teetering on the edge. But the reception she received from the inky male had been enough to make her furl back in on herself. With Evergreen it was different. They may have only met once before, but she trusted him wholly. She would not question the direction her gut instinct steered her in. 

Bowing her head down slightly, she peeked at him from upturned eyes. "Well...I don't think I am. Not now." She never had been in danger in the first place. But one mistake and that could change. One wolf from the Keep upon their doorstep could potentially alter her circumstances, if she were discovered. Deciding to proceed carefully, the cappuccino female would offer the full story so Evergreen best understood her situation, and if her arrival here might have any impact on his forming pack. Though, some minute details such as the exact location of Shadewood and Cry's own name, she decided, would have to be left out. The last thing she wanted was one of the bearish wolf's friends seeking out those true to her ex-pack, possibly resulting in an unintentional stirring of conflict.

She sat down, tail curled over her paws. "I left of my own will. I...had been wanting to for some time. I didn't leave alone..." She added. "I was accompanied with two others from the same pack. Our...reason for leaving was the same..." Now here is where it would get interesting. The skin around her eyes crinkled in thought, of the memory. "We...had all seen a change in our leader for some time. And not for the better... He was...welcoming when I first arrived. Then...his whole demeanor just shifted. Seemed to darken. Especially after a newer male joined the ranks...he seemed to idolize him..." As she has promised herself, she did not give out Reiner or Cry's names or descriptions. "After that...the place felt more like a confinement than a pack...a home. I was even encouraged, as a female to stay away from the borders...closer to the interior of the territory. It was...so restrictive. Something...told me I had to leave. I wasn't comfortable." She looked up fully, meeting Evergreen's mismatched eyes. She should probably go into more detail about Shadewood's specific traditions and rules regarding deserters. But she had just said a mouthful. She'd let him absorb it, rather than dump it on him all at once.

Messages In This Thread
Talk about backseat fishing - by Evergreen - May 22, 2019, 12:42 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Síff - May 22, 2019, 02:39 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Chai - May 28, 2019, 06:30 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Evergreen - June 05, 2019, 12:17 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Chai - June 05, 2019, 07:42 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Evergreen - June 05, 2019, 09:06 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Chai - June 10, 2019, 12:46 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Evergreen - June 10, 2019, 01:15 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Chai - June 10, 2019, 04:01 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Evergreen - June 24, 2019, 02:35 PM
RE: Talk about backseat fishing - by Chai - July 08, 2019, 05:43 PM