Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
@Minnow also @Zafira. Time for Minnow to be given back. *Rubs hands* let's do this. NOTE: he is NOT trespassing! He is sniffing the borders and then backing off cuz he a good boy. I didn't know if anyone was around?@Nocturnal and @Damien just in case

The scent trail...it had done nothing but give a general direction for him to go in. He was tired, he ached, he wanted to lay down and cry but instead he pushed onward, searching aimlessly in the hopes of running across his daughter.

Luck would have it that he caught traces of the adult female's scent, the one with Minnow. The one who had stolen his little girl. Luck also would have it that he traced it to the borders of a pack. He sniffed and sniffed and then finally caught the sweet baby smell of Minnow. "Minnow! Minnow! Its daddy!" he called, pacing back and forth before stepping back a few feet and howling for an audience. His nostrils flared and he flexed his paws, claws digging into the dirt as he tried not to get pissed off. What kind of pack allowed a baby snatcher in?
Birdcatcher: 4/10

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The Consort had taken notice of the creamy girl and had decided to let her stay. It wasn't the first time they had saved a child, but it would be the first time they were going to be forced to give the child back. The Melonii needed fresh blood, allies and a better place to live. Perhaps little Minnow could be of use to them. So, when she heard the call of a stranger she was immediately on her way, leaving her own children in the safety of their den. Meanwhile, her eyes searched the ground for any trace of the little girl, if only so she could place herself protectively over her and establish her dominance.

She reached the border, with or without Minnow, and faced the young man with her cold mismatching eyes. Her speckled tail stood proudly in the air, stiff and fluffed. Who do we have here? She asked, knowing well what was happening. A child had been kidnapped, taken someplace else and the parents wanted it back. Nyx herself found the parents to be undeserving of their children if they had been kidnapped. Her own would never be kidnapped because she was such a GREAT mom. If the child was fine and happy someplace else, perhaps it was for the better. Finders keepers, after all.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
The change in tone of the situation was immediate upon the woman's appearance and he swallowed thickly, fighting against the urge to tuck his tail. "My daughter Minnow. She was taken from inside my packs borders and brought here. I have been searching for days and I want her back. I don't want trouble. I'll hunt to thank you for keeping her safe" there was no sense in wasting time and he felt perhaps offering a favor would increase his chances of getting his daughter back. He flicked his ears back, the fear and desperation creeping into his expression "My mate was exhausted, Minnow wandered away and when she noticed it was too late. I have been tracking them down since then" he explained the situation, looking behind the woman in the hopes that Minnow would make an appearance.

Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
I don’t know how far the den is from the borders so it’s unclear if they can hear her.
She heard a familiar voice and Minnow had taken a few steps out her den. Where was it coming from? Who was it? So many questions ran through the pups head. But she didn’t move closer to it. All she did was make a bark of her own. Perhaps it would speak back.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All makeshift dens are in the heart of the territory for safety

She listened carefully, noting he did not answer her question. All she was given was the name of the child, not his nor his packs. The boy was around her age, surely not more than a year apart, but she felt so much older in his presence. In his eyes she did not see a father but a man who had made a mistake, had allowed this all to go down. No one entered their territory uninvited, so now she was curious of the bunch of idiots that came from the same group as him. Surely they would've known it had been a lost cause if they had met before, so these were complete strangers then.

Minnow has received adoration and love - safety and a stomach full of food. What have you to offer her? If someone infiltrated your defenses so effortlessly, it cannot be safer than here. Her voice was one of authority, speaking as if she was the only right one here. Her chest puffed up. How do I know this will not happen again? This time without us to come to her aid? Okay yeah, one of them had stolen Minnow in the first place, but her point still stood; Minnow was safer here and they could use the fresh blood.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Was this woman serious? His eyes narrowed, the first sign of increasing anger. He let her speak, he let her defend her pupnapping packmates, he even let her say that they were incapable parents. "my home has three litters to care for. We are often busy. I admit my wife seems to be someone who needs watching with the pups but I set out immediately upon finding out she was missing and I have not stopped for rest, nor food since then as a father should. She was happy and well fed with her siblings back home as well again I'm very grateful you kept her safe and im in debt but I will take her home" he said his voice going from trembling with anxiety to a very steely tone, an edge of ice coating his normally warm tone. His ears shot up as the bark from Minnow came from deep inside the territory "Minnow! Baby come here, Its daddy!" he shouted, voice echoing. That was it. He was done playing games. "Miss...I really don't want any problems. Do you have kids of your own? If you dont, think about this: If someone stole your children regardless of how it happened wouldn't you go to the ends of the Earth to get them back?" he paused and his expression turned cold, something almost unseen on his normally goofy face "We have seven allies that we are very close to who would" and there it lay. It was an empty threat, he didn't even know if gentle Olive, who so adored her peace would agree. Lily woulds since this was her neice, he was almost a hundred percent sure of that. Even if they agreed who knew if their allies would assist. His face did nothing to betray the white lie "Minnow! Where are you?" he called again, guiding her with his voice.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She hardly raised a brow at this pathetic display. Whether he liked it or not, she was the boss here and had nothing to do with the kidnapping nor had she ever harmed a child in her life. To be threatened like some kind of villain was the least she had expected from the disrespectful "father", yet her demeanor didn't change. All she did was press forward, stepping in his direct line of sight, her tail now curling over her back. If you are so busy with pups, perhaps you shouldn't have procreated like a bunch of rabbits. She replied. They only had one litter, HER litter, to care for. A new generation didn't have to be twice the size of the original, that would come in time.

No one would ever have the chance to steal my children. She spat, further rubbing in that she was not a fan of their parenting skills. Her nostrils flared and she raised taller than she ever had to raise herself to establish her dominance - her absolute rule over what little they had claimed. You come to my home, disrespect my authority then continue to threaten me and my family while we took care of your brood? She wasn't mad just... really disappointed. Next time, she'd leave stealing children to herself instead of some no-brainer.

I am not the one who stole Minnow, if you are wondering. I never agreed to care for more than what was mine, but I will take responsibility. She was a reasonable creature, but she was going to punish the one who started all this. Will you? She added sternly.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He blinked once as she scolded him and all at once he deflated. His ears flattened back and his eyes literally welled up with tears that began to drip over his lids. He let them fall for a few silent moments before he turned away, hiding what was probably already seen and wiping them away with a swipe of his paw. He sucked in a breath and composed himself as much as he could with a giant lump in his throat "You're right Miss. I didn't mean what I said..the threat. Not one bit" He admitted as his whole expression seemed to crumble into a pathetic look of dejected sadness. "Aliac has no idea what she's doing. I only have maybe a bit more knowledge. My life was such a mess that I thought maybe having family of my own since all the rest died and vanished..maybe it would make me happier. It did but..I failed them in return for the happiness they gave me. I was out hunting when she was taken, bringing back a meal...I shouldn't have gone so far away." he confessed it all like a sinner to a priest and then fell silent, staring at his paws. His eyes squeezed shut against more tears and he sucked in a breath, looking up at her with big eyes. "This is my first litter. She's all I have besides her brothers and my mate. Please forgive my stupidity ma'am and give me my daughter. I've learned my lesson, I won't fail again. I'll do anything....maybe you guys could use some allies? I mean....I don't know how Lily and Olive would take to the one who kidnapped Minnow but you...you seem logical. I can bring them here to discuss alliances? I live in Elysium at the edge of Sunspire close to the coast. We have medics, hunters...I'm sure we could be of use?" it was all he had. The amount of alliances Elysium has gave them a sort of power and that power stretched to all that joined them as friends. He would do whatever he could to solidify the alliance, even lie. "I...can not mention the kidnapping if you like?" he offered weakly, the idea of lying to Lily and to Olive about something so dangerous, especially when they had their own babies made him feel like a horrible person.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She had expected him to press on, curse the gods out of the sky, perhaps even take her on. What she didn't plan on was a weeping father at her borders. Sometimes Nyx got herself in situations and all she could think was "how the fffff-?" before swiftly moving on. She deflated in a similar manner, though instead of with sadness it was with surprise. She hadn't meant to make the young man cry, but she wasn't about to comfort him either... that seemed weird. Had she gotten through to him?

Alright, alright... She said in a much calmer tone when he was done rambling, then took a long second to think. Surely if Damien could go out and make allies, so could she? Somehow she felt like she should discuss this with him, yet she also didn't want him involved and handle the situation on her own. She couldn't rely on her mate for everything. It wasn't like they were staying here long, perhaps the two packs would lose touch and that would be that. I am Nyx, we're The Melonii. The wolf that kidnapped Minnow in the first place will be punished, I can assure you. And she'd take pleasure in it too, no one made moves like this without getting their permission. They were an organization, not a bunch of hooligans. We plan on leaving the Hollow soon, I am unsure of how you will find us, but maybe I can arrange that we stay a bit longer. Perhaps meet someplace neutral. She proposed, already planning on coming alone with maybe Midar by her side. Damien would babysit for a change, she wasn't a nanny. I will go get your daughter, I hope she has not become attached to mine. A lighthearted comment for such a cold woman, but maybe she had a soft spot for pathetic little things.

She turned then, disappearing into the mist to hopefully reappear not long after with @Minnow either gently dangling with her scruff between the woman's teeth or stumbling along beside her.
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The young pup was curious as well as confused when a dark female picked her up by her scruff and she yipped as her feet were lifted off the ground.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
He was almost bawling by the time Nyx answered, though the calmer tone gave him hope and he calmed down. He blinked as she introduced herself as Nyx of the Melonii and said she'd find who did this and punish them. She then said they were leaving soon and wasn't sure how to work the alliance that way but he agreed with her suggestion "Sunny Morningside. We can meet in a neutral land and when you move, send a messenger to us. I can give you directions to Elysium from here in the case that we do gain an alliance." he said before she walked off.

As he saw Minnow being carried he keened softly and made for the borders, remembering his place and where he was before crossing and just pacing a bit. When she reached him he gently took Minnow and placed her on the ground, licking her and whining softly, rubbing his face against hers "Hey little wanderer, some adventure huh?" he said choked up and then looked to Nyx "Even if there is a decision against the alliance I will owe you. You took care my baby when she needed it, family means everything to me. When you need something done you can come to me" he said earnestly and began to lick at Minnow's fur quickly, checking her over.

Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nyx really wasn't as bad as she seemed. She wasn't an evil and relentless tyrant, not to strangers and not to her wolves. Justice would always reign supreme in her mind, and sometimes her beliefs made her do terrible things. She just hoped she wasn't becoming like her mother.

She watched the father reunite with Minnow. Perhaps it was better this way, now someone was in her debt and they had one less mouth to feed. She would've picked her own daughters over the foundling any day, but she was probably the favourite of her real parents now that they had reclaimed her. They'd keep an extra eye out for her. Your superiors will know where to find us because of you, they can howl for me near the river. If we leave before receiving a message, I would like to know where to find you to inform of our relocation. Perhaps she'd take her daughters on a little trip instead of keeping them with the pack like a bunch of prisoners, then Revan and Venamis could spend some quality time with Damien.