Hushed Willows Scents in the wind
Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
Heat thread 1/3 I don’t plan on anything happening with her but who knows :) being vague on how much she knows about her heat by this point.

She found herself with a small crush forming on the male she had met here and she actually was getting a decent amount of sleep as of late but the young woman was restless and she thought it best to not leave the territory but she did want something to eat and her stomach growled in agreement as she pressed her nose down to the ground in hopes of catching the trail of a rabbit or something close to the edge of the territory.
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Tuft had expected to wake up next to Minnow, but was surprised to see that she had already left. He begrudgingly got up, wondering what she would be doing this early in the morning. A new unfamiliar scent wafted into his nose as he got ready for the day. He couldn't quite distinguish the intricacies due to it having been an older scent trail, but could tell that it was coming from Minnow.

He had followed Minnow's scent trail to one of the popular sites for hunting. Willow trees were scattered about, their branches having delicate icicles on them blowing in the wind. He found Minnow with her nose to the ground, obviously trying to find a scent trail of a rabbit or other small game. 

As he approached her, the unfamiliar scent from before blossomed into view as he took a deep sniff. It was the single most beautiful scent that he had ever experienced. It smelled of new life, of young joy and happiness. She was in heat. There was a flutter in his stomach at the thought. 

He went up to her and said "Hey Minnow! You need some help with that? By the way, you smell absolutely amazing today! Do you always smell this good when you go into heat?". He asked, commenting on her new scent. He forgot that Minnow was young enough that this could have been her first time going through this.

Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The woman’s ears perked up as he came close. Minnow noticed a new feeling grow in her. Irritation. She didn’t know why she felt this way as he approached but she ignored it and smiled. “Hey!” She responded simply with a nod cause she wasn’t having any luck finding anything. “I would actually love some help.”

“I mean I guess so. “ She never really knew how she smelt to the other wolves. She only knew it made females uneasy. Hence the talk she had about this whole ordeal earlier.
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Tuft thought that what she said in regards to her being in heat was interesting. "I'm sorry, is this your first time being in heat?" He started laughing at himself. "I'm surprised that none of the other guys in our pack have noticed. They'd probably swoon at the first sniff of you!"

"Okay, time for a good hunt." He said. "What do you want to catch?"

Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The woman shook her head. “No it’s happened before this is just my first time in a pack that is not only females.” They never really explained what a heat’s purpose was but the woman she had met previously had given her an earful of information when they had spoke. So she felt pretty informed on the subject now.

“I have been avoiding males if I’m being honest.” She didn’t want anything to happen. Of course she wanted babies but only if she was allowed.
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Tufts’s brow furrowed in question as she talked about avoiding other males. “Well, you haven’t avoided me right?” He said. He was still obviously still in love with her.

Tuft was honestly surprised to hear that she wasn’t excited to be in heat. Recalling his own experiences with his family pack, he asked “Have you never felt that need to “get it on” with another wolf? I remember when my mother and sisters were in heat, they could hardly keep their paws off of their mates!”. He nudged her shoulder in jest.

He started to sniff the ground, looking for some game to eat.

Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She gave him a look of reassurance. “Of course I’m not.” The woman felt that she couldn’t stay away from him if she tried. Her last crush left and most likely found someone else so until she left with Kukutux she wouldn’t be too far from him. His next question made her cock her head slightly. She was unfamiliar with that term. “Once I left here I was raised by a pack of woman so I never really had that urge nor knew what it was.”
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

He was now bewildered about her lack of knowledge of being in estrus. “Let me ask you this. Have you suddenly felt a lot hungrier? Do you get irritated at little things? Those are the signs that you are ready to have puppies! This only happens once a year, so if you want puppies, start looking!” He said. 

He picked up the scent of a couple of rabbits. It was a male and female couple. “I think I can smell a couple of rabbits. You still hungry?”

Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The way the male spoke about it was like it was no big deal but to the woman it was a lot to take in all at once and once he mentioned puppies she felt her heart race. She did want babies but how could she. “I barely joined my pack I doubt she’d let me nor would I find someone in such short time .” She only had a few days left of her heat and she didn’t think of her self as desirable in that way. 

The scent hit her nose but now her stomach didn’t agree with anything. She didn’t know what she wanted it was all confusing to her. “I don’t know anymore.”
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

A soft chortle escaped his lips, growing louder and louder, until he burst out laughing. He looked over to her and saw that she wasn't laughing with him. Wiping a tear from laughter with his paw, he said "Wait...You're serious? That wasn't a joke?". He stood there shocked that she didn't see what he saw. "I love you Minnow! Ever since I saw you for the first time, I have admired your beauty, wit, bravery and your selflessness for everyone around you! If you would let me, it would be the greatest privilege to be your mate. I know that you feel the same way Minnow.".

His excitement couldn't be contained. He started pacing back and forth, his tail like a windmill in a windstorm. "As for your pack leader, I will march up right up to them and tell them how much you mean to me, even if I have to fight them for you! So what do you say, you want to be my mate?" He asked.

Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was totally taken aback by everything that was happening and her heart raced as she listened to him speak. Surely it had been only a short time that they’d known each other but the woman felt drawn to him. But then she thought of her brother. 

Which pack would they live in? What would he think?

All these thoughts raced through her mind like a storm and she couldn’t think of any answers to them. “My pack leader is very kind. Perhaps a different approach would be better than that.”  

Would he travel with her, she still had planned on following Kukutux until it eventually led her home and back to her kin. “We plan on leaving here soon to Morningsong then one more place then to my home.” 

So much was happening and she was overwhelmed by everything but beneath all that one emotion stood tall. She was happy. “Would you travel with us? Stay here? I would like to know my brother’s thoughts as well.” 

Would he approve? 

So many thoughts and so many different people to think about. Not to mention the fact that she had been rambling due to her anxiety and never ending questions. She knew she’d have to shut up eventually and give him an answer and without thinking this time. “Yes.”
86 Posts
Ooc — Tuft

Without even thinking, he ran into her toppling her down into a slurry of kisses. He didn't pay any mind to the fact that she didn't say that she loved him too, but rather tried to think of a plan as to how to win over Kukutuk when he asks for Minnow's paw. 

Rolling over to the side, he gave the biggest smile that he had ever made. He went back to pacing back and forth, trying to think of what to do. "Okay, first things first, I got to ask Reverie and Boone for their permission. Then I have to ask your pack leader which is Kukutuk right?" He said.

He suddenly stopped in his place when she talked about traveling with her. He had promised Reverie and Boone to be their guardians and protectors. How could he do that when he was off to different places? Shaking it off, he went over to her again, snuggling against her muzzle and said "I love you Minnow.".

Morningsong
Mother
389 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She felt him jump on her and she laughed as she felt his tongue on her face. It tickled the woman and she smiled. “I can go talk to Kukutux right now.” She knew she had to find the woman regardless. “Meet back here after?” She looked up at him as he paced. “I love you too.” She said back without any hesitation this time.

“If babies do come out of this union I’d want to speak to my brother before we decide where they would be raised.” She felt the need to make that known cause she wouldn’t want to leave her brother but only time will tell. And with that she departed.