Whitefish River On the side of Justice
30 Posts
Ooc — Ink
Away
Damn, this was harder than Basil remembered. All his movement scared away the fish and now he was sopping wet too. This was a failed hunting attempt. Usually Basil was patient as he focused on hunting small game like rabbits but also herds of deer in his old home. But for some reason he failed to calculate the right time to strike at the fish and thus missed them. And he was used to move a lot when hunting other game so sitting still in the river was also not something he was used to.

Guess I will have to limit myself to ground based prey again, this is not working. the young hunter thought and released a sigh. The water dripped down his lower body, his face was almost completely soaked. Thankfully Basil did not mind the cold water. Yet he shouldn’t stay too long in it, it wouldn’t do if he became sick on top of everything. So he took a few steps closer to the shore and was ready to shake off the water flattening his fur.

Before he made it far however different scents drifted into his nose. It smelled like other wolves. Oh god, hopefully he didn’t accidently set foot in a packs territory. Who knew what the wolves in this land did with trespassers. But there weren’t any markers…. Basil noticed and quickly turned around when he heard their voices talking to him.

What stood before him were a small female, noticeable by the soft voice that asked him a question and a bear of a male. Those two apparently knew each other. His body posture became a bit defensive. Those two did not look like they would hurt him. They actually offered to eat from their fish and teach him how to hunt the slimy beasts. But Basil hasn’t had a lot of interactions with the wolves living here so he was careful not to step on any toes. Basil was a fast hunter, shooting past his former pack mates to get to the prey they hunted so he was sure that he would get away if those two decided to attack.

Making up his mind his posture softened again and he opened his mouth to answer “Good morning! I am….sorry if this is your territory, I did not intend to trespass but I did not smell any markers. I thank you for the offer” here he turned his head towards the female that offered him a bite of her fish “but I wouldn’t want to steal food. I am more than capable to hunt something myself just…..probably not fish again. I also thank you for offering to mentoring me but I think my strengths sadly do not lie in this endeavor. I would not mind some tips though, if you will.” and a small smile appeared on his soaking wet face. Just remembering that he wanted to dry himself a bit he let loose a soft “Excuse me.” and started to shake his body to get rid of most of the water. If he behaved right, maybe he could ask them later where he is and how everything works around here. Maybe he would be even able to join their pack…..if it actually is one.
Thoughts  
Conversation
~The strength of the wolf is in the pack, the strength of the pack is in the wolf.~
Messages In This Thread
On the side of Justice - by Evergreen - May 25, 2019, 12:08 PM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Basil - May 25, 2019, 02:23 PM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Sindri - May 26, 2019, 01:39 PM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Evergreen - June 01, 2019, 04:11 PM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Basil - June 02, 2019, 06:33 AM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Sindri - June 12, 2019, 06:18 PM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Evergreen - June 15, 2019, 03:12 PM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Basil - June 17, 2019, 05:33 AM
RE: On the side of Justice - by Sindri - June 26, 2019, 08:45 PM