Sun Mote Copse visitation rights
330 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
All Welcome 
He wore the perfume of fresh meat, which made sense since he'd butchered a fawn not too long ago and he now carried a haunch awkwardly through the trees. His path wound north until the forest became more familiar, and then Tulimaq paused to give his neck and shoulder muscles a rest; he did not need to investigate the area to know where the Firebirds lay their claim — it hadn't changed much since he'd left them. The scent of Wildfire wasn't as strong but he was not bothered; she had been an impressive creature but the thought that her fire had been snuffed out by illness did not enter his mind. He placed the haunch on the earth, leaning it upon the knuckles of a tree's exposed roots, and proceeded to begin cleaning his face and chest off with his tongue in the manner of a lazy lion.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt had always been fairly active by way of keeping an eye on things, but now that it was his responsibility, he was twofold.  Dividing his time between Niamh, the kids, and the pack during this hard time wasn't easy, but he'd be damned if he wasn't up for the challenge.

Good of the stranger to wait for him though, because one wolf can only be so many places at once.  Presumably he walked there not long after he showed up, and he almost missed him.  Doing a double take, Colt raised an eyebrow at the man silently sitting on their border.

You need something, pal? he asked affably, clearly amused.
330 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
He got mostly-cleaned-up by the time someone came creeping out of a gap in the trees, and the voice made Tulimaq divert attention from his own vanity towards them. They didn't look familiar but they carried themselves with purpose. His brow furrowed; it hadn't been that long since he'd been here, right? Not even a year had passed. A few months, more like it. Yet there was a clear difference in the air — a lack of Wildfire's familiar smell — and this guy, coming to intercept him like he owned the place.

The query was met with a small shake of his head as he rose back up to his full height. I wanted to apologize to Wildfire for leaving, months ago. I thought some fresh meat might appeal to her — given the season, she's probably nursing and could use the calories. He dipped his head to grasp at the haunch, most of which was hidden in a patch of shadow, but as he dragged it free it became clearer. A hip-joint connected to a long, thin limb, with a twisted hoof jutting awkwardly at the end.

He'd worked hard to take down one of the younger harts of the woodland, and being so near to an ally — thought perhaps she would benefit from a share. If she is too busy then I could leave it with you.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
His timing was uncanny, but Colt's expression grew a little more guarded as he answered.  Wildfire's gone.  It was some sickness.  Normally this wasn't information he'd just offer, but he somewhat remembered this man.

I lead the copse now.  But we do have some kids to feed, and I wouldn't say no if the offer is still on the table.  He looked at him, gauging how he took the news.  Colts own responses had been mostly task oriented up until now - leadership, numbers, make sure the pack is fed. Perhaps he could help with number two as well.