King Elk Forest mississippi-less-ly.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Liffey knew in her heart that Wisteria was gone. The grasp they'd had on their daughter had been tentative at best, even when the girl had first agreed to come back to the Plateau with them. In a way, it wasn't even surprising that Wisp had abandoned them. She didn't seem suited for pack life anymore--at least, not the type of pack that the Redhawks and Frostfurs had built. Liffey knew from her mother that there were plenty of wolves in the world that Wisteria's behavior would be right at home with, and she hoped her daughter might find her way into one of those, or anywhere really. So long as she was safe and happy, wherever the road took her.

All that being said, Liffey couldn't help but search. It wouldn't bring her daughter back, knowing which way she had gone or what landmarks she had passed along the way, but she wanted to know still if for no other reason than it was a comfort to know as much about her childrens' lives as possible. Half a day of hunting had yielded her nothing, however. Feeling defeated, the alpha paused near the edge of a stream to swallow a few mouthfuls of water before straightening again and looking off into the woods, wondering where to turn next.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Cinder, while not the most intrepid of the bunch, was often caught adventuring - not distinctly far from his family, but far enough to unearth little wonders that he hadn't yet caught elsewhere. It was just so cool, to observe what existed beyond what he already percieved. It provided him with ebullience, too, to learn about it all! Countless others appeared to tire of the discoveries, but the little rabbit-wolf had no cares in the world about what others thought of him or his excursions (tywyll excluded, wherever he had gone) - and so, here he was, waddling toward a stream, joviality spread across his youthful visage and stub-tail jiggling upon his hind.

He'd have been perfectly content to bounce around the woodland in his lonesome, but a paroxysm of glee poured over the boy (like a tub full of glitter) when he caught a familiar scent on the wind - one only belonging to his older sister...

"Liffey!" He chirped, prancing over toward her; there was a scarcity of negativity in his tone as he approached, but upon recognising the defeat crawling over his sibling's features, Cinder's steps slowed and his stub wiggled softly in greeting, bronze eyes settling warmly. "...What'cha doin'?"
for you,
there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was in the middle of planning her next move when she heard someone call her name. Alarm rose as she turned, but disappeared instantly when she recognized her little brother. She smiled to see him, but it wasn't soon enough to prevent him from spotting the look of dismay that had been on her face moments ago. She faltered a little then, her smile turning sad as she moved to greet him.

"Hey little brother," she said before answering his question, "I was just out here trying to see if I could find Wisteria's trail. I'm not having much luck." She gave a half-hearted shrug, then tried to let it pass by turning the conversation, "What about you?"
~•~
89 Posts
Ooc — belle
Rabbit just didn't like seeing his older sister swathed in sadness. Idly, he chewed on the soft flesh of his cheek, bronze eyes squinted in thought and nose wrinkled with concentration.

Hmm.

In all truth, he hadn't a clue where Wisteria might've gone; maybe she went on a mission of discovery, and ended up getting lost, or, or, she'd fallen in love and run away to be with her partner. OR, she could've been... kidnapped? NO! Impossible. Maybe she just wanted some peace. But why disappear, with no word to anybody else? Hmm.

"Oh, I was just 'splorin." Instinctively, his stub-tail began to wiggle. He figured he could offer to keep an extra look out for the missing girl, but... maybe Liffey didn't want to talk about Wisteria now. "I keep finding pretty butt-flies." What he meant to say was butterflies, but that just happened not to be what spilled off his tongue. Oh well.
for you,
there's nothing in this world i wouldn't do
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Cinder confessed to simply being out and about exploring. That was certainly something Liffey understood. It was one of the few things she shared with her mother, the affinity for wandering and exploring new places. In comparison to Finley, she hadn't truly done much of it. Naively, she still considered herself to be well-traveled, and likely would have been far more had she not found a mate and started a family so early in her life. Those, of course, were not things she regretted, nor would she ever.

She canted her head at her little brother and smiled when he spoke of butt-flies, chortling softly. She figured he meant butterflies, but she couldn't help but tease, just a bit. "Butt-flies eh?" she asked, "Those aren't flies that hung around peoples' posteriors, are they? I can't say I'd be pleased to find such creatures, if that's the case." Finley's crass sense of humor was, clearly, not one of the things she shared with her mother.
~•~