Wheeling Gull Isle xx. and if it should pass that your heart aches for mine
166 Posts
Ooc —
She thought she knew the depth of his anger - as she had once assumed she knew the depths of his feelings. 

Unsuited, unwanting he had claimed to be - labeling her dreams  as folly. Whatever might have been ended in that moment, at least in her eye, and he had the gall to play victim? 

"Aye, I wanted companionship but the only crime I've committed is seeking it in you,the nightwisp retorted calmly - armored with a sheen of frost as she pulled herself up tall, refusing to allow his blows to strike. Was she to be blamed if the populace was mainly male, for seeking company as their kind was wont to do? 

"You've gone fucking mad," the words fell, breathless as a humorless chuckle left her. She barely knew him, if anything they'd just begun to find friendship in one another, and had hugged but once. If that was all it took to unhinge him then the former Tactician was more uncivilized than she had guessed. 

"You do not get to decide what I deserve." Oh, hadn't she told him then? No man would decide her worth ever again. 

"You kid yourself if you think I ever once showed you an ounce of the devotion I hold for Daegon," she allowed her lip to twist up into the coldest of sneers. This leech wasn't fit to stand within twenty feet of his shadow

"Your delusions know no end." Her crown tilted up proudly, rising above the knifed word he speared her with. "You would never have a place at my side, in any fashion." He'd been offered the role of Tactician, or had he forgotten that too? His true colors would have shown, even if not for her reuniting with Daegon, and she would never submit to this beast as her Lord. 

"Aye, what a harlot I am to find a person I thought lost to me forever, to lie with someone I truly loved for the first time. Willingly," her anger was gone, burnt out, and in its place a bitter, damaged taste in her mouth. She threw it at him, ashamed and betrayed. 

It was one thing she could never forgive him for; how many months, years, after Lucavon had she shied from her own reflection in digust? How long spent thinking of herself as dirty, tainted, ruined? 

"But what would you know about that?" She asked, rhetorically, continuing with her onslaught of harsh truth: "You don't know me. You don't love me," again she felt her teeth bare, her head shake, "You never did."

"Might be best if you leave - wouldn't want to be tainted by my filth," 
she snapped at him, uncaring if he stayed or went at this point. 

Again, the nightwisp wanted to get away from him and forget.

Her muzzle touched Daegon's shoulder as she passed, silently asking if he was coming too. They had some things to discuss she knew. Without looking back, the woman trotted from the beach with a hardened heart.

Iron in her spine, fire in her eye, strength in her bearing - every bit the poised Lady her Muña had trained, despite the ache beneath her breastbone.
"Even princesses and she-wolves bleed."
"Common." "Lirean."
ARISTOS