the awful screaming of the lambs β€’ pack meeting
<font face=verdana><small><FONT SIZE="-2"><FONT COLOR="#7d0000">β€œ</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7e0101">G</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7f0202">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#800303">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#810404">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#820505"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#830505">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#830606">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#840707">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#850808">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#860808">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870909">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#870a0a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#880b0b">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#890b0b">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8a0c0c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0d0d">w</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b0e0e">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8c0f0f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8d0f0f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1010">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8e1111">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f1212">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#901212">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#911313">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#921414"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#921515">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#931515">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#941616">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#951717">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#961818">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#971919">v</FONT><FONT COLOR="#981c1c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9a1f1f">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9b2222"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9d2525">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e2828">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#9f2b2b"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a12e2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a23131">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a33535">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a53838">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a63b3b">p</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a83e3e"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#a94141">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#aa4444">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac4747">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ad4a4a">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#af4d4d">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b05050">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b15353">d</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b35656"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b45959">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b55c5c">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b75f5f"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#b86262">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba6565">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bb6969">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bc6c6c"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#be6f6f">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf7272">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c07575">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c27878">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c37b7b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c57e7e">.</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c58080">”</FONT></FONT></small></font face>
377 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Round Three (last round) will end August 8th.

Cara unexpectedly entered his embrace, and though he grunted in surprise, the shaman pressed his muzzle awkwardly against the side of her velveteen ruff before stepping back to listen to her words of acceptance. Pride and determination found their birth also in Kaname, and Lecter was quiet, knowing he had made the right decision.

No wolf spoke, and he thought this a reflection upon the grief that had beset the pack. Perhaps some of the creatures gathered here today would defect, but the Beta knew Ouroboros would prosper. At length, a demanding howl rose over the assembly, and his hackles rose with a growl. A woman's voice, and it promised dominance over the territory.

So it had come, and upon their doorstep it was. Lecter chuffed to Kaname and to Cara, eyes cold with anger. Go your way, he informed the others by way of dismissal. Do not follow us. Mordecai, Sitri, the pale madman snapped in the direction of the two he trusted most aside from the newly appointed pair, keep a sharp eye open for interlopers.

With that, the witch leapt from his perch and trotted off in search of she who had demanded the obeisance of Ouroboros, knowing that the young Alpha and her Beta would be closely in tow.

Why should I apologize for the monster I've become? No one ever apologized for making me this way.
361 Posts
Ooc — Danni
Sitri perked his ears forward and nodded his head he would do what he wished, looking at Mordecai he spoke softly Do you wish to go one way and Sitri the other or stick to gether. he too had heard the howl and it had caused him pause, had someone ended the life of Queen Jinx early, though it could be considered a mercy killing in the scheme of things, but not to take over. He growled in response then as he thought of this and waited paitiently for Mordecai to answer him.
marrow of the spirit
1,313 Posts
Ooc — Ku
A domineering howl rose up in the silence proceeding Cara's words, and a growl bubbled in his throat. His annoyance to the disruption was first to mount, followed by the tones of sorrow that Jinx had come to her end. He thought it a mercy killing as well, but certainly not one belonging to an interloper. That right should have been theirs, and theirs alone.

His focus shifted abruptly when Lecter spoke again, and his gold eyes met the icy hues of the shaman firmly as he received instruction. Where there was one interloper, there were bound to be more. And if they were being invaded, he knew he and Sitri would have to keep watch. As the pack began to scatter and he was joined by Sitri, he made a decision to the question that was now posed to him.

"We'll cover more ground seperated," he told the scarred wolf. "But if you spot them, you call for me, and I'll come." And with that, the tawny Ostrega took off for the borders.
[Image: warrior_master.gif] [Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
<I>Loyal warrior till death</I>
75 Posts
Ooc — Lunatara

Vectra heard it as well, and grew angered, how dare someone try to claim what was rightfully Cara's. A growl escaped Vectra as she got up and paced, as she was not allowed to follow and exact her justice on this defiler of The spine. Firey eyes flashed with dangerous intent, promising swift justice should the challenger try anything funny on the new queen.

And with that she turned, beginning to head away from the meeting place, both good and bad thoughts stewing in her mind.

speech

<font color="FFA500">I wish the <i>wild</i> was alive like <i>you</i>.</font>
45 Posts
Ooc — Ellie
[size=x-small]ooc: yikes, missed second round. my bad :( posting anyway for Rahzie's own timeline purposes.[/size]

The majority of the meeting went completely over Rahzie's head. She knew almost none of these wolves. She knew who Jinx and Lecter were, she knew Kaname and Mordecai and Meldresi, even Creidne if only because of their violent confrontation, but she knew nothing of the newly appointed Alpha - Cara. All that she knew was that she and Kaname seemed to be... close. Lecter and Cara's words were obviously filled with passion and dedication to this pack, but none of it reached Rahzie's heart. As Cara spoke, she glanced at Meldresi out of the corner of her eye. Maybe if she had no other option, the coywolf could have dedicated herself to this pack that was currently in such a state of confusion. But the priestess had given her an opportunity to become part of something from it's beginning. And Rahzie was much more interested in that.

Suddenly, a dominating howl rose from the distance. Another woman - strangely familiar - claiming the queen was dead, and that she would take her place. And that was all the reason Rahzie needed to determine that as soon as Meldresi defected, she would as well. Rahzie was not about to risk her life in a fight that wasn't hers, and had no meaning to her. The coywolf, though passionate, had learned that due to her smaller size, she had to pick and choose her fights. And this was one she did not choose. As soon as Lecter up and left, Rahzie stood and moved towards Meldresi. A nod towards the priestess was the only communication the coywolf offered her, but it was enough to subtly affirm that the lithe woman was still interested in what Meldresi was building - and was not interested in this fight she had made no commitment to be a part of.
β™›queen of disaster β™›
454 Posts
Ooc — Mini (Marie)
getting that 3rd post

Kaname didn't say anything else. And though she would've liked for him to place the cherry on her precious attempt-of a speech, she was completely confident he had her back. What happened afterwards wasn't as pleasant. Like a broken record screeching over and over, an interrupting howl fell upon the meeting and echoed in her mind.

Cold shivers travelled through her medula before she realized what that howl really meant. As the new queen it was her job to attend to the call, though she was unsure of the procedure to dismiss the pack; Lecter took great care to send them off and sate any worry they might've had.

The pale yearling didn't bother to look into the faces of her subordinates. She was naive to assume all of the wolves would stick by --though really the loss of Meldresi and the others whose eyes shined with doubt wouldn't break her down. As long as she had Lecter and Kaname's trust she was content.

But now was no time to celebrate. As much as she would've loved to rejoice with her new Beta, she knew she had to resolve the very first crisis that was thrown her way. She felt ready.

❅
402 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The new alpha's encouraging words were interrupted by an intrusive howl that echoed through the woods. It was a female's voice and it didn't sound friendly at all, actually it sounded demanding, was it a claiming howl? His hackle's raised immediately, how dare she claim Cara's lands.

The Young prince's chest started building a growl, he was ready for the chase, but the old Leader soon instructed to leave and prohibited the pack to follow them, "What?" he barked outraged by the order "What do you mean not follow you?" but he didn't get an answer, the leaders took of to follow the howl. He was worried about Cara's safety, but she was accompanied by two big males. He knew Kaname was a good fighter, and judging by the old male's looks he could tell he was a tough old man. But what if there were others? what if it was an ambush?

The young prince didn't have any other option that to go behind Sitri who had received orders to patrol the borders. The young boy wanted to help, he wasn't gonna stay put and do nothing.
the honorable house of deforge
32 Posts
Ooc — Taco
Lecter's words were a small spurn to Creidne. What did he mean they were to seperate -at a time like this? Smoke ears parted obediently upon her head, but there was hesitation in her heart. She didn't want to be alone right now. She wanted to be comforted by the security that was supposed to come along with being one amongst a number. However, the shaman denied her that automatically, and furthermore, without any serious friends to speak of she was at a loss. Watching as some paired off to leave the meeting place Cree was reminded of the almost constant lonliness that she had felt back home. Sucking in a supportive breath, she simply did as she always did -she carried on.

Stalking into the distance until things became quiet, at first she thought to busy herself but then reconsidered. She just wanted to sulk in her feelings -all of them. Lowering herself to her belly and then to her side, the young female receded into thoughts of an especially dark nature. In a way she almost hoped that things would go sour with the insurgents, so that she might possibly feel relevant in Ouroboros Spine.