Bramblepoint Black Hat, here to make your most wicked thoughts come to life!
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Private 
@Vengeance @Radar

Backdated ~2 weeks because BH's threads took a while, so this is shortly after he & Radar meet.

After giving his leg some time to rest, Black Hat was off again. Remembering Okeanos' instructions, he sought out some kind of herb to put on his wound in order to prevent an infection. Seeing as every other neck of the woods in this damned place was claimed, he had little choice but to return to the bramble forest, now with a partner in tow. He grumbled as they trudged through the irritating tangle of thorns and branches, just about fed up with his ongoing stream of rotten luck that extended far beyond the reaches of these wilds. He was confident his fortune would turn around upon coming here, and being immediately proven utterly wrong made him more sour than a rotten lime.

Having his leg get caught on the umpteenth bramble set him off, and he snapped at it with a piercing snarl, yanking it away with a jerk of his head. The thorns dug into his palate, but Black Hat was too tired to care. Those infinitesimal pricks were nothing compared to the pain he'd experienced in his lifetime. Beads of his blood pooled onto his tongue, and he lapped at the wound absentmindedly as he continued on through the forest with the most repugnant scowl on his face, praying the appropriate herb would show itself soon before he really lost it.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
75 Posts
Ooc —
She had been traveling with him for a bit and it was a new experience to say the least. First a pack that she departed from now she was determined to do her part in the future should she find somewhere she belonged and was at least of some use.

Sje saw him however get hurt by the thorns and back up a bit when he snarled at it. As they went forward she set her eyes around looking for something she could dress his wound.
Hunter: 1/5

sometimes, dead is better
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
59°, currently it is partly cloudy and set during the mid afternoon. Located in great bear wilderness, bramble point | ooc notes: thanks again for starting! appologies for me being slow, still lots to do irl before school begins! I'll get faster very soon!

Blood. He could smell it in the air, drawing the behemoth toward its origins like a sirens song. The brambles had become a haven for the chocolate hued man as they ensnared many in their thorns, making them an easy meal. The thorns dug into his legs as he brushed past them, but thankfully his thick fur was able to build some kind of barrier between himself and their blood drawing knives as he snaked his way through the weeds. 

It didn't take long as he pushed through the foliage, eventually, the ruby orbs landing on the gangly looking male first, only to take a note of the fragile female who accompanied him. The man, had his leg caught in the thorns, snapping and pulling at them furiously - opposing the calm and almost a natural in the thorns as Vengeance seemed to be. Though stuck and bleeding equally, he clearly had some kind of plan whenever in the thorns as to keep wounds to a minimum and snares impossible. Eventually the other had gotten himself free, but not quick enough before Vengeance spoke up behind them. 

You're doing it all wrong. His tones, laced with bemusement, toyed with the idea of what he might make of these two...
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He stopped in his tracks, and his ears flicked backwards towards the foreign voice that was far too close for comfort. Black Hat whirled around with a fuming expression to face the stranger but was taken aback by the sheer size of the man — he had to be at least twice his own size. As a result, any indication of anger on his face was there for but a flash, and the initial shock that followed was swiftly replaced with a cool, though closed off expression. Pissing off a wolf of such a size was a foolish affair, especially in his current state.

Yes, well, we're only here to find a few herbs. I've no interest in staying in this place long, He replied evenly. What are you here for? He then returned, wondering why else anyone would come to such an irritating place. But as soon as the words left his lips, there was a shift in the wind, and he recognized a hauntingly familiar pack-scent. He blinked, heart sinking in his chest. Oh, fuck, He cursed inwardly, jaw locking as he struggled to keep the rush of panic from peeking past his mask. Had that wench sent this behemoth after him from her pack?

If so, Black Hat found it safe to say he was utterly fucked.
Within the dark, he s͎͇̲͎̪͂͒̉͂̐t̤͈͉̱̝̍͒͊̚̚͟͡r̢̧̜̞̔͐͋̅i̛̖̜͎͍̫͍͆͐̈͞͡ǩ̩͉̈́͜͞e̝̭̩̔͂́s̘̘̓̍͗͜
♚ JOIN CORONA
484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Permission to skip Radar!

He towered over both of them. Looking down at the pair as he scrutinized every inch of them. The male was especially strange. A wreath over his head was an unusual thing to see on a wolf's head. The female didn't have as many unique traits about her, but her silence and fear that kept her quiet were what amused him the most. 

Of course, Vengeance was aware of someone attacking Serem, she said that the man was a creepy looking fellow - but that could describe a number of individuals; and nevertheless, the Nightwalkers weren't that type of pack. Should she desire him dead, the opportunity to hire a mercenary was there, but she didn't... meaning, Vengeance couldn't have cared less. As far as he was concerned, every member was responsible for their own safety outside the borders.

Hunting. he said simply. Crimson eyes looking down from the gangly male's face and onto the wounds around his leg. This place is perfect for easy pickings. The blood. No words were needed to explain as he eyed the brick red liquid with a hunger.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Sorry it's so long. I got really into it! Lmk if anything needs changing.

His dull claws dug into the earth at the thinly-veiled threat as his muscles instinctively tensed in preparation for what could be a fight for his life. He fought with himself to keep his expression devoid of emotion, in spite of the adrenaline and panic whirling around inside of him just beneath the surface. Deeply, he took a breath to fill his lungs and clear his mind. He could not win a fight with this man; he didn't even stand a chance while not in prime condition, even with Radar's assistance.

When Black Hat couldn't fight his way out of a situation, there was something else he could fall back on: Business. Deals. Negotiation. If the monster before him wanted him dead so badly, he would have done it by now. But instead, he revealed himself to them, conversed with them as if they were comrades. Perhaps he did still intend to kill them, for he had little to worry about on his end, but Black Hat saw the opportunity to work his magic, and he didn't hesitate to snatch it.

He eased himself into the role. Think, think, He urged himself. When doing business, it was essential to evaluate who exactly it was you were dealing with. What made them tick, what they valued. He began to scan him like a machine. The way the man held himself was confident, outwardly and overwhelmingly dominant. Black Hat had little doubt he was anything less than the head honcho of his pack. He seemed to be the sort that valued physical prowess, judging by his own appearance and the combative nature of the woman he'd fought before. But he wondered how many of their members could offer everything he could.

What if I interrupt your hunt with an offer? He began. Your pack seems quite solid, but I believe I could help make it even better. You're in the process of settling in, yes? I can help with that — I'm far more useful alive than dead. If you're interested, I can tell you more, Was his pitch, except for once, Black Hat was the product. Still, he would not beg for his life, nor would he even come off as desperate to save his own hide. Even if it sentenced him to his death, Black Hat would stubbornly go down with his pride; he wouldn't want to live with himself if he lost his spine.
♚ JOIN CORONA
75 Posts
Ooc —
She could tell that the larger male was aware of her fear and it scared her even more but she stood behind her companion and attempted to keep her composure but as he stared at them a chill crept down her spine.

Radar listened to Black hat and what he had proposed and she was extremely against the idea but kept her mouth closed. She was no fighter, she was merely a hunter but by the looks of his size she couldn’t tell if he needed that.

484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
There was a certain joy he took from announcing himself to most - unless he was desperate for a meal, that quick kill; Vengeance had a kick out of watching the horror come across their faces, that fear, or anger, that pure desire to save one's skin against an opponent who had every intention of killing them and devouring them. He loved it when they had some fight left in them. 

The little one especially. The black male at her side was good at hiding his fear, but her, she was obvious. It excited him further. He would deal with her companion first, let that fear continue to sink in before he went after her - to soak in that horror, that sight that he would bestow before hunting her down to continue his rampage. 

An offer. He was all ears. The gangly man was quick-witted, unlike others who would try their best to fight and flee, he was using a different tactic, and Vengeance was beyond intrigued. Keep talking. He said after a moment, picking apart the words that the other had chosen to use. But that was this man's moment, to speak, and Vengeance would choose whether or not he was indeed useful to the brown behemoth alive, or better off filling his belly, along with that companion of his.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Ahh, thank you so much for the kudos! ♥

To his utter relief, he had the bearish wolf's attention; and with it, a fleeting chance to live another day. No pressure. Yet he grinned through it, though his lips were taut with anxiety a skilled eye could pick up on. Shaking it off, Black Hat willed his muscles to relax and took on a more casual posture as he continued. The name's Black Hat, He introduced with a tip of his crown. You see, I'm a very versatile man. I've my fair share of experience with politics inside of packs and in-between them. And if you want something, I can get it — recruits, allies, followers... anything you desire — but I'm also not afraid to get dirty myself. I started off as a soldier. I've killed before, and I'll kill again. An intense mien emenated from his eyes, hard and heavy like diamonds.

The air lightened, however, when he brought his attention to Radar, who had taken to cowering behind him. Not like he blamed her. And let's not forget about my companion here, He started, stepping aside to bring her into the spotlight. Radar's the finest hunter around  — you name it, she'll catch it. You'll get a hell of a lot more meals out of her by keeping her alive. It was a stretch of the truth, but it was necessary to save her tail; Radar certainly wasn't selling herself, and if he didn't, he feared that the huntress would become the prey. And she was of no use to him that way.

So... What do you say? Do we have a deal? It pained him to imagine being a subordinate again, to be forced to make a deal where he was the one with everything to lose... but he had no choice. If this lad said yes, Black Hat was confident he'd be able to work something out in the future, making this merely a temporary arrangement. It was... tolerable.

But that was assuming he didn't become this wolf's next meal. He waited with baited breath for his response, the ultimate test of his skill as a businessman.
♚ JOIN CORONA
75 Posts
Ooc —
She listened as the two spoke, Black hat spoke of his talents and then he just up and moved out the way and Radar felt exposed. She looked at the huge male as her companion explained her skills. “Y...yeah, I ...can hunt and I am also a scout.” Radar felt scared cause she could barely speak and she knew by now she had been shaking slightly from fear. She wished she wasn’t so scared but only a dumb person would not be frightened of this overly large male especially when they are being stared at like they are dinner. She couldn’t explain herself other than that cause the fear kept her from creating full coherent sentences.

484 Posts
Ooc — Noki
It was well deserved! Sorry, this post is a little rushed! So many posts to catch up to, so little time!! Feel free to apply as a pledged! We should have enough members very soon (and enough threads) to be official <3 and to post in the BWP in Haunted Woods depending where that thread is on the timeline to this joining

Well-spoken. That was what Vengeance got from this exchange so far. This gangly man was eloquent, charismatic and brave to decide to talk things through instead of trying his luck in battle with a two against one plan. As the clock ticked on, ticking with every word and every second that went on while Black Hat spoke for the both of them, his companion and himself in order to sake both their skins. 

Not only did he sell himself as some sort of councilor, but the man-made it clear that he too could fight, to get his hands dirty and kill should it be necessary. That alone made him worthy to give a chance within the ranks as such offered.

Eyes darted back to Radar as he dissected her. A hunter. They were always useful - though not quite for the ragtag group of mercenaries. Her fear, posture, Radar was the worst candidate for the ranks; but he had an idea. 

Remaining quiet during the whole speech and introductions, only after Black Hat was completely done, and a moment to think it through did he open his maw again. Very well. Black Hat, welcome to the Nightwalkers - Radar, however, lacking in abilities to be a mercenary will be a captive. She can climb the ranks by proving she can do more than just hunt and scout. She will be your captive. The Haunted Woods is where we call home - feel free to follow me, or come later. Should he choose to walk away from this and never join the woods - Vengeance would take note of these two and attack them on sight for treating him like a moron.

He left that for them to decide on what they would do next. For now, he gave them a short nod and turned to return to the hunt in the brambles, to find something to fill his belly before heading home to the misty woods.
Black Hat Org
270 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Yay, I'm so excited!! And no worries, I'm sure Ven's keeping you busy. ♥ I might just toss BH in the BWP thread because why not. :p Also, tiny PP just so he has Ven's name, lol.

He couldn't help but to visibly deflate with relief as all the air that was held in his lungs escaped from him in a sigh. Radar ended up getting the shorter end of the stick, given her obvious lack of fighting experience. While unfortunate for her, she was at least alive (all thanks to him, no doubt), and he wasn't about to push their luck by arguing with the ruddy man's decision. They'd deal with it later.

The warlord's verbiage told him this was a full-time mercenary pack. Black Hat had heard of many such bands before but never even considered joining one. While fully capable of carrying out such grunt work, the mere prospect made him want to snobbishly upturn his nose. He should've been the one commanding the underlings, not doing the dirty work alongside them! For now, though, he would hold his tongue on the matter, already scheming how to carve out his own niche and earn a high-ranking position.

You've made the right choice, good sir, and I'll be sure to prove that to you. As soon as we're done here, we'll meet you there, Black Hat ensured. Realizing something, he added, Oh and before you go, what is your name? After presumably receiving a curt answer, he would see Vengeance off, then finally turn to look at Radar, staring into her eyes. His gaze was not apologetic; it was neither warm nor cold, just... flat. The air between them was awkward, and he didn't have the energy to discuss what had just transpired right now, especially if she was going to get all hysterical.

Clearing his throat, he asked, Shall we? She wasn't given the opportunity to say much of anything before he turned to set off into the tangle, glowering when he was ensnared again.

Fucking hell.
♚ JOIN CORONA