Lost Creek Hollow the library of alexandria is burning
32 Posts
Ooc —
Even if he had spent the majority of his years alone, Mink knew good manners. This particular event was not a strong representation of that fact but he would do his best to remedy everything; he couldn't very well ask this man to let him stay after screwing up so badly, could he? It would take time to work his way up to that.

Mink. He identifies himself emphatically, then pauses as Terance goes on to talk of his home, his children. These things Mink was well aware of from the get-go; he was always the kind to plan ahead, and those years of living on his own required a certain amount of moment-to-moment scrutiny. He knew all about Terance and his wife Arbiter; the chance they'd had kids during the previous season was not lost on Mink, who had anticipated it.

Still, he acted as if he knew none of this - letting Terance have his moment to explain. It would only compound the negatives if the alpha knew Mink had staked out this pack weeks ago for this venture. He was a kindly sort of fellow and held no ill desire for the little family, but who knows how they would react to knowing that the hermit had been watching them?

I am truly, deeply, very sorry for missing the boundary, Mink expresses, hoping that his sincerity has some effect on the man. My intent was to talk with you in the daylight, present the gift, and... Well, try to win your favor. I would like to live here, too. I was so caught up in the battle with the blasted fish -- How silly of him! He could have stored it for the morning and tried then. Mink had been so overwhelmed with self-pride for managing to catch the creature that he hadn't paid much attention to the darkness in the glade. The man sighs and shrugs his narrow shoulders, scruff shifting in a comical wave.

My apologies. And -- ah -- the blunder aside, could you... Do you think you could use one more body? Your numbers being low, and all. I don't eat much but I love to fish, and hunt, and, hm, I've been living alone for quite a while so I am fully capable of independence. The man's long snout split in to a lopsided smile, almost like someone had taken a sharpie and squiggled an awkward line where his lips ought to be.
Messages In This Thread
the library of alexandria is burning - by Mink - September 06, 2019, 10:23 PM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Terance - September 07, 2019, 10:10 PM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Mink - September 07, 2019, 10:21 PM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Terance - September 09, 2019, 05:41 PM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Mink - September 10, 2019, 08:09 PM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Terance - September 11, 2019, 07:02 AM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Mink - September 11, 2019, 10:56 AM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Terance - September 13, 2019, 08:18 PM
RE: the library of alexandria is burning - by Mink - September 13, 2019, 09:32 PM