Coconut Grove sometimes your words just hypnotize me
27 Posts
Ooc —
A sound behind her caused Minerva's closest ear to swivel, although it wasn't until she finally gathered up the energy to turn her head that she noticed the argent wolf drifting closer. Drifting wasn't the right term for it—the wolf was heavy-set and taller than anything she'd ever seen before, and their weighted steps sank in to the sand with each lurching stride. It was difficult at first for Minerva to focus beyond feeling intensely vulnerable; she couldn't tell if this was a bear or a wolf initially, and then as she was rising to her sore paws, she thought perhaps it was a man. Whether they were tasked with defending a tribe or not, menfolk were dangerous to encounter on their own—or so she had been taught. However, all of this transpired in the span of thirty seconds or so, and when the stranger spoke up, Minerva thought the voice was rather feminine. It almost didn't fit the figure she was looking at.

The stranger was watching her. They didn't appear to be aggressive now that they'd settled, and Minerva observed them in return, scrutinizing everything about them. She took a chance by calling out, Geia sou aderfí, although most of the sounds grated in her throat, muddying midway. Minerva tried to clear her throat and swallow the tension she felt, then tried again—this time choosing not to speak in her native tongue, which caused her voice to become quite strongly accented. Where is this? She queries, using the wrong phrase but, perhaps her meaning still carries.

It is not uncommon for her sisters to study languages outside of the native Greek, but Minerva had always been less interested in such pursuits; her realm of expertise had always been in the more physical, tangible aspects. If she could communicate by touch, by posture, perhaps even by sheer force of will, that would have been preferential. Alas, she would have to focus her mind and recall all of her childhood lessons if she was to communicate with this stranger. The feeling of a foreign language flowing from her tongue makes her uncomfortable; but it is the will of Mother Sea that she learn, and perhaps that is the reason for her abrupt arrival.
Messages In This Thread
sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - September 22, 2019, 06:37 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - September 22, 2019, 08:30 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - September 23, 2019, 12:09 AM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - September 23, 2019, 01:43 AM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - September 23, 2019, 01:20 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - October 01, 2019, 10:46 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Minerva - October 12, 2019, 02:16 PM
RE: sometimes your words just hypnotize me - by Gracious - October 21, 2019, 10:14 AM