Otter Creek And now for the punch-line
<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
for @finley

Fang had finally decided to go for another adventure into the flatlands below that which he called home. He had been subconsciously avoiding the area after his run in with the trickster, Finley. Thought it was only a short time since that particular indecent the half-breed looked back on it as though it was a lifetime ago. Maybe the incident lingered because instead of arriving back to the hot springs, this time he found himself at a small creek.

He carried himself with a posture of dominance, a side effect of the recent events within his pack, and social life. He strutted trotted along the banks of the creek, his attention turned toward the amphibious rat like things that called the water home. Watching curiously as they rolled about the water stream, play fighting and catching prey. He stopped on the creek bed, as one particular group of creatures were playing in the water before him, seemingly oblivious to the wolf-dogs presence. He inhaled, trying to catch a scent and figure out what these water-rats were.

Speech

thoughts

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
CRAP I'm sorry, I thought I was still waiting for you to start ;_; Forgive me and my feeble mind

"And then, I turn to my right and guess who I see!?" Finley exclaimed into the darkness of the wolverine den, "FINN! I mean, come on? First he looks like me, then he had my name, and now he's in my pack?? What kind of crazy-ass stalking is this?" The silver woman huffed in irritation, tilting her head to the side and looking off towards the water trickling by. Ever since coming across her doppelganger at the pack meeting, she couldn't seem to find enough people to listen to her complain about it. So, she resorted to her favorite therapist--Mr. Wolverine, who she was affectionately beginning to refer to as "Cuddles".

A snarl resounded out from the depths of the den, bringing Fin's attention back. "Well, of course he's cute, he looks like me," she replied to what probably hadn't even been a question. "And I guess he has a decent sense of humor... he's funny, I suppose. Charming... And his eyes are........" Finley caught herself beginning to drift and shook her head, "Eyes. His eyes are eyes. Completely unremarkable. He's annoying." The snarls continued to rumble out of the tunnel. The silver fox turned away in exasperation. "I was NOT swooning. You're swooning. You... swooner," she growled back, "I think that's enough for today. Thanks for listening, Cuddles. I need to probably get going, though."

Finley got up to her feet and looked around. She didn't particularly want to go home yet, so she instead began wandering along the creek bed. It wasn't that long before he rounded a bend and spotted a familiar face. A grin slipped across her muzzle as recognition took her. Her trot turned into a prance as up she came to him, stopping a few feet behind him and dropping her haunches with her tail curled around her paws.

"Well don't you look super alive!" Finley commented with a broad grin, mischief sparkling in her eyes.

</style>

<div style="padding:25px; font:10px/1.75 Georgia;"><FONT COLOR="#daa520">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#daa52e">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba53b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba549">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba456">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dba464"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca371">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca37f">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dca38d">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda29a">a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda2a8">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1b5">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda1c3">u</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0d0">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">,</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">l</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">r</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#dda0dd">t</FONT></FONT>
298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Definitely water rats, playful, webbed, whiskered water rats. So entrenched in paying attention to the way they played together in the stream when the footfalls heard from behind were predominantly ignored, except for a casual flick of his ears. He had no idea the likely hell he was about to be put through.

The voice called out as though it was breathing down his neck, Fang's hackles almost shot up as his stomach tried to climb out of his throat at the familiar voice. Almost leaping, in acrobatic style he managed to swing himself around to confront the now sitting female. You An exclamation that was no more than a growl. The feelings and memories of their last encounter came back and he once more found himself ready to pop this bitch right in the teeth. If he had any idea what that meant.

Yes, Alive, Of course. he managed to mumble, golden eyes fixing her with a gaze of suspicion. Weighing his options for escape.
You're a bitch. Eloquence at its finest.

Speech

thoughts

***How i imagined fangs reaction
[Image: liar-liar-holy-hell-o.gif]
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
Fin choked a bit on her laughter as she watched his extravagant reaction to her presence. She had really made quite an impression on him, hadn't she? She felt quite pleased with herself as his face turned from surprised to disgruntled. She could almost see the memories flashing through his eyes as he glared and spat biting words out at her.

His comment only illicited from her another toothy grin. A bitch was she? Well, yes. That was accurate. "And you are a grumpy gus," Fin responded with a smile, hopping to her paws to approach him. Come on, you have to admit, it was pretty funny..." The Blackthorn had always been a lover of screwing with dangerous animals. Fang wasn't exactly a bear, but he certainly was fun to poke.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Golden eyes narrowed as she laughed, his lips pressed together in a forced attempt at not mimicking her smile when she spoke. In retrospect it was pretty amusing, and harmless, other than ageing him from shock. With an exaggerated sigh and eye roll he looked away. Okay, maybe a bit, a tiny bit, He conceded. But you know I'll get you back, someday, somehow, when you least expect it, I'll get you. Finley, right? Of course he remembered the name she used quite well, but he wasn't about to believe it was her real name given the circumstances.

Turning back to her, his own features presenting a half-smirk. So who're you torturing today? I'm onto you, can't fool me again. Clearly that's the only reason she was out here, to torment poor travellers who didn't know any better.

Speech

thoughts

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Finley smirked at his reponse. He admitted to seeing some humor in what she had done, though he insisted there was very little. His next words nearly made her laugh out loud again, but she swallowed her amusement and simply responded, "I'll keep an eye on my back."

She nodded when he confirmed her name. She was a little surprised he had even caught it, she had been speaking so fast just before she had run for it. He clearly had a very good memory. His doubt that she had given him her real name went completely unnoticed by the female, though she probably wouldn't have been surprised that he felt that way had she realized. Giving out fake names was not something she was innocent of ever doing.

"Oh don't worry, I wouldn't try anything like that again on you," Fin replied, sidestepping him to make her way closer to the creek bed. She glanced back over her shoulder, "I'm not hunting for victims today anyway. I'm just out for a leisurely stroll through the woods, no secret motives or anything." She eyed him, now suspecting that he wouldn't believe her even though she was being ever so truthful. For the moment.

</style>

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

No secret motives? Right. He shook his head whilst she walked closer to the water, his eyes not leaving the young female for a moment. She was planning something, and he knew it. But for the cause of being polite and not calling her a flat out liar, he went along with her claim. What's the matter, already terrorise everyone around here? Th all on to your little pranks? His tone was mildly affectionate, and only a little condescending.

No, he didn't trust this female one bit, and no he didn't believe she was just out for a leisurely walk. That didn't mean he disliked the harlequin and her wicked sense of humour.

Speech

thoughts

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin could told by his watchful gaze that he was wary of her still. His words and demeanor tickled her with delight. To say she was proud of herself for the way she had manipulated his view of her into such would have been an understatement. She felt downright cocky, and despite her promise that she wasn't there to screw with him, she couldn't help but keep an eye out for any opportunity to do so to present itself.

"I wouldn't say everyone," she replied. She feigned hurt feelings over his comment as she turned back to him, tilting her head slightly with a fake little frown on her muzzle. "I am a very nice wolf, you know. I even have friends. Well... a couple anyway..." Fin said, turning her gaze sadly down to her reflection in the water. She wasn't actually sad, but the thought of tricking him into feeling sorry for her suddenly presented itself as a fun way to spend the afternoon.

</style>

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Doing his best to feign indifference at her actions, he kept his eyes in her quite instinctively. Despite the fact she wasn't a physical threat he had no trust for her. When she spoke of her friends he couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Aww, only a couple? I couldn't imagine why you aren't the most popular creature in the plateau. The condescending sarcasm dripped from his words. The truth was he didn't dislike the silver fae, he just wasn't going to be kind.

When she turned to stare downtrodden at the water, a slight ping of regret hit the half-breed. A step was made closer, concerned suddenly eh mighty have struck a nerve with the mischievous creature. I'm sure you've got lots of friends He offered, the sarcasm replaced with sincere concern. Maybe her actions were a cry for attention, or she might be a little autistic, and not be aware of what's appropriate.

Actions

Speech

thoughts

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin's ears swiveled backwards to catch the tone of Fang's voice as it went from bitter to sensitive. How was it possible that he could be so gullible, especially after what she had already done to him? She almost felt bad, but actually she didn't at all. A grin flashed very briefly on her muzzle before she lifted her head and turned to glance back at him, melancholy written on her every feature.

"Not really," she admitted as though embarrassed, "I haven't been in these lands for too long and.. I dunno, I guess I don't really know how to make friends." Fin gave him her best pathetic look, ears drooping and tail hanging low to add to the effect. Meanwhile, she began to wonder just how fast she'd have to run this time once the game was over.

</style>

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Empathy was a downfall, it was easily corrupted and used against an individual. He sat himself near the female, he still wasn't entirely certain he trusted her, though why would she make up these feelings. Of course why would she make up the water was poisonous. He let out a long breath, his tail thumping gently on the ground behind him. He was caught between amused at seeing the author of his torment suffering, and discomfort at seeing another hurt so.

Well, I get the feeling you bring that on to yourself. No. He wasn't entirely convinced of her sincerity yet. He looked over her face, trying to see if there was any hint at truth there yet. Surely she wouldn't try and trick him again?

Speech

thoughts

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

She probably should have felt guilty for what she was doing to him. Playing on his desire to not die was one thing, but manipulating his empathy? That was a new level of not-so-great-of-a-person. But then again... she was a wolf! So there, societal expectations!

"I know, but I don't mean to," Fin turned to him, her sweet brown eyes round as little moons, "I just. I don't know, I feel like if I just go up and say 'hi, how are you', people are going to be like... whatever. It'll be so cliche and... forgettable. So I do extravagant things like... pushing them into puddles, or grabbing their tails, or... tricking them into thinking they're dying..."

Finley bowed her head sadly, keeping her eyes on his face so that she could look as pathetic as wolfishly possible, "It doesn't get me friends, but... at least they don't forget me.... which is what happens with most of those I meet who.. I think are my friends...."

</style>

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Forget her? The halfbreed thought on her words for a moment. It was an inward battle, still caught somewhere between not believing her, and his natural empathy. Of course he was doing his best not to give her the opportunity to take advantage of him again whilst still trying his best not to be a complete asshole on the off chance she was a slightly downtrodden rebel. Have you thought about like, doing something productive for your pack to be remembered, I mean instead of playing pranks, or convincing others they're dying and just being a general twat?

He shuffle slightly, shifting his weight between his fore paws as he spoke, his golden eyes fixed on the young female. It was hard to pick much from her when she kept Cher face turned away, for a moment he wondered why. He rolled his shoulders in a shrug, assuming she simply didn't want to face him whilst reflecting on her apparent fault.

Speech

thoughts

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

Fin felt him shifting his weight and moved her face accordingly to keep him from spotting anything that might give her away. Inwardly she was high-fiving herself for come up with such a brilliant scheme. Playing on fears she only.. vaguely had? Brilliant. I mean, vaguely was a little bit of an understatement. Only a little though. I mean, it wasn't like she actually felt that way. That would be ridiculous.

Fin cleared her throat and took a deep breath. "What fun is that?" she asked, actually turning to face him with curiosity etched upon her face.

</style>

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang

Fun? It was a pretty mundane existence to follow the social norms, but it was sort of what one expected wasn't it? The curios expression she fixed him with was almost mirrored in his own face as he thought for a moment. He had no real answers to this question and it was starting to become uncomfortable. He wasn't really the best shoulder to cry on after the previous encounter they had.

I suppose if you're really looking for fun, you could just like, beat up on the smaller pack members? Not that it was a good idea, and probably not that much of a distinction between tricking someone into thinking they were dying. Or you know, find someone you like hanging around with? Probably a better idea than beating up on smaller wolves.

Speech

thoughts

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

The silver mockingbird couldn't help but quirk a brow at his suggestion, and began to smile despite herself. Beat up on smaller pack members? Um.. There's an idea, she said with a grin, They don't get a whole lot smaller than me, though. Unless you want me to go after the kids, which I guess might be fun, but I feel like my alpha--their father--wouldn't much appreciate it.

She pondered his second suggestion, but decided to stick with the first since it would allow her to continue to tease him. And how is that any better than what I did to you? At least you weren't actually hurt... Fin paused for a moment, then added, Unless you're coming around on this idea of being a 'general twat' as a bad thing. She eyed him hopefully--not hopeful that he'd agree with her, but more hopeful that she could successfully trip him up.

298 Posts
Ooc — Fang
@finley sorry for the holdup, should be back to full swing now :3

The grin she displayed when turning to face the hybrid would have been menacing, if he understood the train of thought that followed behind it. A slight frown followed when she explained the lack of anyone smaller, except for pups. He wouldn't condone beating up on young pups, but it was true it wouldn't leave her with many options. He thought for a moment before she spoke again. Simple, they're not me. The quick response, whilst not exactly how he felt about beating up on whelps, was accurate.

coming around to the idea? No. I wouldn't say that. Golden eyes dropped for a moment whilst shaking his head in the negative. Just, maybe my words were harsh. I guess you were right, I wasn't hurt, so no harm no foul. Of course deep down, he was struggling between wanting to take the silver female down a notch or two, and feeling some sort of pity at her inconsistent story of the sad lonely, forgotten pup.

Speech

thoughts

[/quote]
2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach
No problem! <3

Edit: I hate to do it, but I really want to clean up some old threads and I'm sure you will too when you get back in full swing, so I'm just going to tack on an ending and get this archived. Definitely need a new one when you get back!!

Fin felt triumphant as she got the wolf to relieve her of any guilt for what she had done to him. It seemed too cruel then to keep taking him down this path of sympathy for her story, but more than that, the joke was sort of losing its fun. She looked away from him for a moment, biting her bottom lip thoughtfully in a way that would probably seem introspective to someone else, but was really just the inward hunt for some new way to spin her victim's mind. She must've been having an off day, though, for in the end she turned back with a sigh, her mind set.

I don't think I ever got your name, Fin asked, her head canting slightly to the side. She really couldn't remember if he had ever told it to her or not. She suspected not, considering the events of their first encounter, but it wouldn't have been the first time she completely forgot someone's name.

The once Finley-victim was kind enough to respond with his name, although admittedly she wasn't completely sure that she could trust that he was being truthful. But, she at least owed it to him to give him the benefit of the doubt. Shortly after, she took her leave of the wolf named Fang, letting him know that she was glad to add him to her very, very looooong list of friends before darting off into the woods.