Fairspell Meadow shed every skin that no longer fits
feather heart
118 Posts
Ooc —
scarab is quiet as she comments that he's a long way from home. he has been tossed around mercilessly by the sea, spent days gorging himself on his own ilk and wandering for so long that time and distance have begun blurry concepts to him. home. he doubts — after the tsunami — that home even exists anymore. he saw the damage done to the grove. it was hard to image than ankyra sound fared any better.

i — he swallows thickly against the words — for it is easier to think them then to say them aloud. to utter them out loud feels like a curse that once he says he cannot take back. there was a cave in. i got separated from the pack. and then the big wave hit and carried me out to sea. it spit me out in a grove to the south ...i found dead bodies when i awoke. i don't think the sound fared any better. he conveniently leaves out the part where he ate the one wolf corpse. for some reason that isn't something he's so willing to divulge. it was his monstrous little secret that he must keep close to his chest.

there, scarab thinks. it was a craftily worded way to admit to her that he thinks his family is dead without coming right out and saying it. surely, wording counted for everything when it came to 'curses'.
it's a quality of the gods
to see a creature with its back broken
and be unmoved —
Messages In This Thread
shed every skin that no longer fits - by Scarab - October 10, 2019, 12:39 PM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Maegi - October 11, 2019, 08:02 AM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Scarab - October 11, 2019, 01:13 PM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Maegi - October 13, 2019, 06:14 PM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Scarab - October 15, 2019, 02:02 PM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Maegi - October 15, 2019, 06:21 PM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Scarab - October 16, 2019, 03:43 AM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Maegi - October 16, 2019, 09:26 PM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Scarab - October 17, 2019, 03:34 AM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Maegi - October 17, 2019, 04:00 PM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Scarab - October 19, 2019, 03:49 AM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Maegi - October 22, 2019, 09:46 AM
RE: shed every skin that no longer fits - by Scarab - October 26, 2019, 06:28 AM