Firestone Hot Springs we follow like alice
<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#daa520">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d6a421">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d2a121">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#cd9f22"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#c89c22">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c39a23">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf9724">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba9524">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b59225">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b09026">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac8d26">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a78b27">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a28827"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e8628">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#998329">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#948129"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f7e2a">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b7c2a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#86792b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#81772c">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7c742c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#78722d">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736f2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e6d2e">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#696a2f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#65682f">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#60652f">s</FONT></i></span></p>
6 Posts
Ooc — Tokio
The morning was partially cloudy, the clouds that obscured the vast and never ending blue sky were large and white, fluffy as they drifted across the rising sun every so often, darkening it's golden glow for a few minutes at a time before they drifted away. The sound of water had captured the Huntsman's attention and it was towards it that he made his way towards, thinking that perhaps it was a pond or watering hole, hoping to come across a herd he could stalk. He wanted something more sustainable than rabbits or squirrels to fill his stomach. He wasn't hungry in the sense of malnutrition, in fact he was healthy and his stomach was contented and full. Savitr was more than capable of hunting for himself and making sure he was well fed; rather, he was hungry in the sense of want. He wanted venison. Or goat. Or hell even a half eaten carcass of a bear or cougar would be better than suffering the sparsity of rodents and rabbits. Having to hunt several took up more time. Time that could have been better spent scouting the lands, learning their lay and gleaning what he could about the packs that inhabited these Wilds.

The closer Savitr came to the water source the air hung with humidity, each breath filling his lungs felt heavy and the fur of his mane began to curl and each breath required a little more effort than the dry air called for. His pace slowed as he drew nearer to the hot springs, surprised to have come across them and feeling slightly disappointed that it wasn't a water source that would naturally attract prey. It wasn't exactly water that was meant for drinking. A soft sigh left his lips as he studied the pools of water a few feet from his paws, bowing his head to sniff cautiously at it wondering if it could at least serve a bathing purpose if nothing else.

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

So, clearly she had been a little brash when she had proclaimed that it would only take her two weeks to explore the entire Kintla Flatlands. About a month had passed since Finley and her packmate had struck a deal, and while the Blackthorn was close to keep her end of the bargain, she definitely had a few more days of work ahead of her.

It seemed like exhaustion had nestled all the way into her bones. Fin couldn't help but release a pathetic whimper as she walked for it seemed like with each step, her muscles were getting more and more pissed off at her. She narrowed her eyes through the steam of the hot springs at where she thought the Plateau was. Maybe if she concentrated hard enough on being there she would just magically.. be there. She spent a few minutes trying, but finally gave up and flopped down onto her haunches.

Just a moment of rest and she'd be on her way again. Or... who was to say that the middle of a bunch of geysers wasn't a decent enough bed for her to settle down in for the night? Fin began weighing the positives against the negatives when suddenly she noticed that she was not alone. Intrigue took her and suddenly she was on her feet, aches and pains forgotten.

"What is it with men and these springs," Fin said as she approached the russet stranger through the thick mist, "I swear, I must be the only woman with enough balls to be able to stand the heat." Finley looked the young wolf up and down and grinned, not at all ungrateful regarding what she had said. After all, while she had never seen another female lurking amongst the hot springs before, she also had never seen an unattractive male here either. It was nice to see the streak wasn't to be broken today.

</style>

<p style="font-size:12px;color:#000;text-shadow:1px 1px 8px #000;"><span style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;"><i><FONT COLOR="#daa520">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d6a421">'</FONT><FONT COLOR="#d2a121">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#cd9f22"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#c89c22">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#c39a23">h</FONT><FONT COLOR="#bf9724">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ba9524">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b59225">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#b09026">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#ac8d26">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a78b27">g</FONT><FONT COLOR="#a28827"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#9e8628">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="#998329">y</FONT><FONT COLOR="#948129"> </FONT><FONT COLOR="#8f7e2a">c</FONT><FONT COLOR="#8b7c2a">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#86792b">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#81772c">f</FONT><FONT COLOR="#7c742c">e</FONT><FONT COLOR="#78722d">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#736f2e">s</FONT><FONT COLOR="#6e6d2e">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="#696a2f">o</FONT><FONT COLOR="#65682f">n</FONT><FONT COLOR="#60652f">s</FONT></i></span></p>
6 Posts
Ooc — Tokio

The Huntsman itched for a good game of cat and mouse that sometimes he played with his prey, needing to feel the thrill of the hunt humming through his veins like pure energy. What he wanted and needed, did not seem to be in his favor today. The hot springs he had stumbled upon were a nice find and Savitr did not deign to deny it but he still his disappointment was not so easily stifled. Despite that the springs offered him some respute from traveling and he had decided after a few moments of severe deliberation that he would stay and rest for a few hours. The day was not over and he felt that his luck might improve yet. Head rose from the steaming surface of the nearest water pool before he cautiously dipped his paw into it to test it. It was, as he suspected, warm and gradually his paw turned into his whole stockinged front leg. After one leg was submerged he added the second so his front legs was submerged into the water, the water rippling from his disturbance lapping at the longer tendrils of fur on his chest.

At the voice, Savitr's head whipped towards the female, a shape emerging through the mist like a wraith. He backed up out of the water, the fur of his legs clinging and spiked in their drenched state. Do you find a lot of men here? The Huntsman asked her in good nature, shaking his front left paw to dispel the water droplets that had began to roll down the length of it. Why is that a bad thing? Savitr teased her, grinning.

2,311 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Advisor
Master Coach

The epsilon watched as the man stepped back out of the water. He was a rather decent specimen, cloaked in tones of russet and ocher, not too much unlike many others of his kind. He seemed fairly well muscled, though his build was clearly more for agility than strength. It was his eyes that caught her attention most, for she couldn't remember the last time she'd seen any like it--like splinters of ice and frost.

"Men are all I ever find here," Fin replied, allowing a little grin to slip across her muzzle. "Don't mistake that for a complaint, though." She flicked the tip of her tail tauntingly for a moment before she continued, "So what's your reason for being here? Saw the springs and thought you'd stop for a rejuvenating, freshwater soak? I hear it's great for your fur. Gives it extra shine and volume." Her eyes danced with mirth as she smirked at him.

</style>