Sea Lion Shores Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars.
27 Posts
Ooc —
They were both in mourning, it seemed. How many days would pass before the Mother would welcome them near again? How long before they both grew so desperate for the touch of her, the taste, that they chance her wrath for a more intimate visit? From where the pair stood now Minerva could make out the beat of waves upon the sand, she could hear the wind blustering and taste the salt in the air, which would have to be enough — but there was doubt in her, not of the Mother but of herself, for knowing that she would not be kept away for long. Perhaps the same was for Ostia, perhaps not.

Where are you from, Minerva? The woman asks of her, and she cannot help but smile that tight-lipped little smirk of someone who is hurting, because she does, deeply. The mainland is too different from what she is used to and no manner of time can help her adapt. Along the Themiscrya Coast, as I suspect you are too. She gave the vague response one saves for the unbelieving, if only to save herself the pain of bringing her island to the forefront of her mind. I have found safety further inland. You could come with me, if you would like. Finally a smile; it is not enough to penetrate her moonshine eyes, but it is genuine.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars. - by Minerva - January 10, 2020, 04:07 PM