Whitefish River Cut Scene
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
For any Kaistleoki wolves who are re-claiming the river! Come find this lost boy

Matted, thin, and most likely sore (if he could feel it), Hieronymous was indeed still alive after vanishing in thin air for the past month or so... wait, was it a month? Was it longer? He couldn't remember. Some wounds speckled his fur, most likely bites from pack wolves chasing him off their lands as he wandered aimlessly looking for Kaistleoki, for Ira most of all. 

He knew the water would be cold, and so, there he sat at the edge, wishing he could wash himself in the water in stead of trying to reach the awkward spots long his back. This river was safe so far, no one had come to chase him away and so he felt the pull to remain right here instead of wandering any further - but he could feel it. Kaistleoki, Ira, was close. But in which direction? Where should he turn to?

Well. Luckily for him, it seemed they were coming to him, miraculously enough.
New Threads: closed, he's dead, let him rest
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

honestly can’t remember if these guys met, but im assuming they did at some point

They hadn’t been here long, and Emrik was still on a constant alert for danger. With their scent still so faint anything could come wandering. And so the sight of a matted, wounded canid sitting along the rivers edge wasn’t entirely unexpected, but definitely unwanted. Emrik’s tail rose and his ears pulled forward. Curious, but also demanding in its nature.

As the man grew closer Emrik’s gut told him something was different. Slowly the haggered looking individual morphed into, “Hieronymous? Emrik called, cautiously optimistic. “Is that you buddy?”

Common

"Well, we'll just have to get to know each other a little better."

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
We can just assume that they did ;D @Ira so it can be used in the move!

Sitting there by the water would do him no good in finding the pack again, but he was so uncertain about moving anywhere that this might be his best move. Wait here and maybe someday soon, someone he knew or that knew of Kaistleoki would come wandering by and find him - and they did.

Sooner than he had expected too.

With a dramatic turn of his head, seafoam green eyes landed on the familiar face. Emrik? There was absolute hope in his tone as it rose a couple pitches. I'm so glad to see you! I thought I'd never see a Kaistleoki wolf ever again! Did you come to find me? He was hopeful, even if it was just an accident, it didn't matter. He'd follow Emrik back home and that was that - like a leech on his heel, Hieronymous wasn't going to let him go any time soon.
Companion: Hiero can be seen with a grizzly bear as a companion in most of his threads! His name is Dakota
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

He looked terrible, and Emrik winced at the sudden turning of Hieronymous's head. "We're here to scout the area, Ira wants to come back." He answered honestly, taking a few steps forward, "Buddy you look terrible. What happened?" Emrik had assumed the man had run off in freight or died...a stone of guilt dropped in his stomach as he realized his packmate had been here all this time, completely alone.

He knew the scouting party hadn't gathered much food, and the caches would be empty or nothing but rotting flesh and bones. But Emrik knew they were going to need to get food for Hieronymous soon. He was much to skinny.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Uh oh. Emrik winced when Hiero turned around, stumping the jester in his thoughts as he gave the young man a confused-tilty head- confused look. Come back? Where did she go? His confusion quickly shifted to something more akin to concern upon the mention of Ira. Having had no idea that Kaistleoki had claimed the river before the plains, he had no idea of what Emrik was talking about. 

Do I? I didn't notice... Casually he looked over himself, I guess I look like shit. He thought to himself. Trying to find Kaistleoki is tough without smell, I wandered into claimed lands two or three times. Three? Four? God he couldn't tell. He was slow to approach Emrik, not out of caution, simply that his body just couldn't do it despite his now upbeat attitude.

He was a walking contradiction. Should I take a bath or something?
149 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Damn the man had really been through hell. “We’re coming back to the River, I’m with the scouting party. Looks like you ended up in the right place.” Emrik took a few more steps toward the man, offering him a head bump as a better greeting.

[d] “Don’t worry about a bath for now.”[/b] Emrik through a look over his shoulder wondering if anyone might have followed him. “Come on, I’ll help you get back to the group.” Emrik came along side the man, determined to help him stand and walk so he could be safe with the small group they had brought. “We should get you something to eat, hey?” Surely the man must be tired.

Common

{0/5} | {0/5}
{1/5}
369 Posts
Ooc — Noki
Guardian
Away
Lucky me~ He quipped happily, looks like someone was looking out for him after all. It was tough, but at least it all worked out in the end! Accepting the head bump, Hieronymous closed his eyes for a second, to soak in the moment as if he was just saved from the sea and Emrik was the life raft sent to drag him back to shore. 

What a relief.

At first Hiero didn't think he needed the help to walk, but as he stood up, he found his back legs giving out for a split second and managed to walk rather well with someone to lean on every now and then. Thank you. He said lightly through a chuckle, trying to ellieveiate the mood by treating his condition as something more funny than dangerous. Oof, something to eat would be amazing. He could already feel his mouth salivating at the thought, but most of all, he was excited to see Ira gain.
End?? You can archive it if you want or post again! <3