Cerulean Cape we're mortal
118 Posts
Ooc — Me
The half-eaten seal was not left for the winged-beasts to feast on for long, because a bigger scavanger was on the prowl along the coasts and once the smell of meat and decaying fat had hit it's nostrils, it wasted no time to get there and scare away the birds to dig in herself. Norah - though not on her first rodeo regarding long and lone travels - had not eaten anything for the past two days and therefore ate her fill, ignoring the loud screeches of gulls and crows, even the painful pecks of their sharp beaks and being hit with the wings by the cheekiest ones. She stopped only and retreated, when her stomach was heavy and sides were swollen, revealing, how much she had devoured.

She cleaned her paws and muzzle, then rolled in the sand with as much joy as a kid would. Few sneezes, snorts and coughs, and then the young lady was back to her feet. She shook her coat and with one last glance to the remnants of 3/4 of eaten seal, she continued her way - incidentally - along the same path that the young Cairn boy had taken earlier. Her step had a bit of a waddling quality about it - it was not easy to carry so much meat in one's belly - but contrary to the popular belief that the sleep is the best conclusion to a very good meal, Norah did not feel that drowsy at all. 

Instead she had caught a whiff of the same seal she had eaten, having left a narrow trail ahead of her. Curiously she followed and followed, and followed, until she caught up with a figure of a wolf, who smelled just as good as her meal earlier. "Oy!" she called out to the guy, unwilling to run any longer. As I said earlier - it is not easy to move fast, if you have extra weight in your stomach. "Scherz - do I have to thank you for my meal?" she asked, not realizing that she had mixed up "Schatz" (German for "Darling") with "Scherz" (German for "Joke"). But would he even realize the mistake?
Messages In This Thread
we're mortal - by Kraken - March 06, 2020, 07:37 PM
RE: we're mortal - by Norah - March 07, 2020, 06:07 AM
RE: we're mortal - by Kraken - March 07, 2020, 02:20 PM
RE: we're mortal - by Norah - March 07, 2020, 03:12 PM
RE: we're mortal - by Kraken - March 08, 2020, 07:25 AM
RE: we're mortal - by Norah - March 08, 2020, 10:12 AM