Sheepeater Cliff Don't Look Down... Ok Now Look Down
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Private 

A few days had passed and Howl was ready to set off on a hunt. He had been within the pack for some time now acquainting himself with the other members and doing his best to present himself as a trustworthy individual other members of the pack could confide in for his steward role. But the drive to spar, explore and hunt were still ingrained in the old soldier's bones. 

Spring had been forgiving to the Wilds providing prey that had otherwise been lost a few months back during the quakes. He hadn't had a chance to hunt any larger or medium-sized game since returning to the Wilds and was eager to do so. Harder to catch with only a single assailant Howl thought back to Moonshadow and the ways she could help, seemingly the only thing she knew how to do. 

Howl had seen sheep amongst the side of the cliff but had never dared go after them there. Their mobility along the steep jagged rocks would outmatch any wolf. Climbing along the side of the mountain to the top would likely be more level ground and better hunting terrain. Howl also hoped that a pleasant view of the flatlands would also await them at the top, but he would not speak of such hope in an attempt to surprise his companion.

Earlier that morning Howl had sought Moonshadow out and asked that she follow and assist him on a hunt. Not long after crossing the border he stopped at the base of the nearby mountain and looked up. "That's our destination" he said looked to its peak.
Howl is always open to some interesting plots.
Just PM me and we and plot and thread!
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
It was first light at dawn and a familiar face that woke her up today. She hadn't really looked forwards to days in a long time and she finally felt happy enough to get out of bed and she followed the male and gazed upon the mountain. "I traveled mountains with my little girl. She was so inquisitive about everything. I loved it." She spoke softly.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
As she looked upward to the mountain she expressed her fond memories of exploring mountain ranges with her daughter. Howl hoped that her thinking of such memories brought her joy, rather than sadness for them not being current. "Then perhaps you should lead the way." he said with a courteous smile and stepping to the side. Ahead of him, she would have a better view of the mountain, and if she should slip his heavier weight would stop her from sliding, whereas the other way around might turn detrimental to both parties.
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She stayed quiet for a moment before he spoke again and proposed that she should lead them and of course she saw nothing wrong with that. "What are we attempting to hunt anyways?" She questioned curiously before they continued. Then she would lead the way happily knowing what they were looking for exactly.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
She moved past him and began their venture up the mountainside. "Sheep... or goats. Not sure how they are classified." He had such prey before but he cared little of the differences between sheep and goat. "They like to climb the cliffside, but the top should be smooth enough for hunting."
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She gave a swift nod towards the man along with a soft smile.  "I believe I know what they look like or at least the gist of it." That's all she needed as she navigated her way up.
703 Posts
Ooc — Raven
Therapist
Ambassador
Away
Howl hadn't had mutton in some time as it wasn't as plentiful as deer or elk in the area. This made it feel more like a delicacy and one that Howl wasn't sure many had had a chance to experience. "They have such a unique flavor. A bit tougher meat but the flavor is so strong and gamey, you won't forget it." The thought of it was making him hungry and he playfully nudged Moonshadow at the top of her tail saying "Better hurry up before they all flee from my stomach grumbling" he said humorously with a light laugh. 

[Yes I googled what makes mutton different from other meats for this post :]