Sequoia Coast Queen of All Witches [IC Joining]
stones and bones
897 Posts
Ooc — Victoria
Ragnar watched the woman rise as he approached her, offer him a smile, which the stoic scarred Scandinavian was in no rush to return, and then sit back down. She spoke a name, Isis, not one that he felt it was safe for him to attempt to mimic any time soon, explaining that she was named for an Egyptian Goddess, one that sounded, suspiciously, a lot like Frigg to him. Still, this Goddess named woman had captured his curiosity, or rather it was her Goddess whom he suspected was their version of Frigg. He was curious about other religions but because his own did not affect useful pack skills, aside from the Seer but even then that was an unofficial role in the grand scheme of things, he did not feel that religion had any affect on a wolf's usefulness or not. Eyes of Caribbean ice studied her, trailing from her toes up and then to as much as he could see of the curve of her spine. Sizing her up, while appreciating the delicate touch that the Gods placed upon every woman to him. I, too, am a counselor, Mostly though, wolves came to him for love advice, which was ironic given the giant mess he had nearly made of his mate-ship by taking a second wife at the same time (in his defense he had been given permission). Still, wolves thought he was good with relationships, not realizing that he had been in three mate-ships previous to his current one with Nerian and Thistle. Those, though, had been founded on convenience or lust and hadn't last more than a month or so.

Ragnar had been alright with her until she spoke that she was a witch and that she could perform rituals for many different Gods and Goddesses. His mind instantly rejected the notion. How could she not invoke the wrath of many deities when she did not know how to do the rituals to their specifications, the Pagan wondered. Not many of the Bay are religious. Only my family and myself. We are Pagans, we worship the Norse Gods. I hold the rituals and have taught my children how to say the prayers as to keep their favor, Meaning, he didn't want to lose Odinn's favor and didn't trust someone who didn't follow his own faith to hold the rituals. I also have a woman of God, my Priestess Wife. He could not speak for Nerian, could not say if she would or would not allow a woman not of her faith to hold her rituals. To be fair, she had given him a prayer but it was likely he had understood it entirely out of the context in which it had been meant. I am not saying no to you joining, In case she took his subtle cynicism as a rejection; though he wasn't saying 'yes' just yet, either. He would turn to her actual skills once she had sated his curiosity, he had decided having figuratively pounced upon her last words with the hunger of the All-Father. I wish to know how you could hold rituals and prayers for many different Gods and Goddesses that are not your own without angering them? The Jarl tilted his head in a curious manner, interested in what she would tell him.

TABLE CODE BY JOHN
Messages In This Thread
Queen of All Witches [IC Joining] - by Isis - August 20, 2014, 03:30 PM
RE: Queen of All Witches [IC Joining] - by Ragnar - August 21, 2014, 06:50 AM
RE: Queen of All Witches [IC Joining] - by Isis - August 23, 2014, 12:55 PM
RE: Queen of All Witches [IC Joining] - by Ragnar - August 24, 2014, 07:32 AM