Firefly Glen Show me the miles and your arms and the pink scar
99 Posts
Ooc — Kuro
I fully intended to do the quantity challenge when I first posted this but, goddamn, THAT’S A LOT OF WORDS and I gave up

Jaws refused to unclasp—to do so, she would need to first be aware of what she was doing. But Yama was there only physically, her mind a mile away as prey drive overtook her senses. At that moment, she was the predator—she was the one making moves against others, the one tearing flesh from bone. For as innocent as the girl was, genetics could not be ignored. A warrior, a hunter, a scholar…

Footsteps, a disturbance in the land surrounding her.

Suddenly ripped from her delusions, the girl’s mouth opened and the fox fell to the ground. Wide, wild eyes scanned the glen whilst ears swiveled this way and that, searching for the source of the sound. Dressed in shades as deep as the nightly realm they occupied, she did not spot him at first. Only after several slowed scans of the area did her gaze finally meet his, panic washing over her.

The fur along her spine was the first to rise, skin prickling with uncertainty. Followed then were her ears, erect and listening, each of her senses focusing on him. “Who are you…?” she called out, unable to keep the tremor from her voice. Another male, judging by his scent—but it was different from the man before, entirely unfamiliar. From somewhere else, perhaps—but that mattered little, truthfully. He was still perceived to be a threat and, as her body tensed up, she was prepared to treat him as such.
Messages In This Thread
RE: Show me the miles and your arms and the pink scar - by Yama - June 28, 2020, 04:04 PM