Whitebark Stream I'll pull the trigger with my eyes closed
I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
Keeping this somewhat vague as the thread isn't complete yet

much had happened. It seemed she once again was the sole Healer at Whitebark Stream. Again she was forced to face the reprocussions of her recklessness...not only had she failed to find Minnow, She had given herself permanent damage, nearly gotten herself killed, possibly gotten Aiolos killed or put their pack in danger- the vision of her fleeing as Donovan ripped into her friend broke her heart- she had been unable to to fullfil her promise to Grezig...

She needed to speak to @Artyom . Knowing that @Alsek was alive and safe was an effort to redeem herself, one that she desperately needed.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
@Aphrodite, sorry for the delay!

It was so good to be home. Artyom spent the morning fussing over Dawn and their children, eager simply to bask in their affection for a time. While no update came of Alsek's location and news of Pele's disappearance stung him, the gilded leader did not wish to dampen the reunion with his beloved family. The scouts would've already been informed, and he made a mental note to check in with them later.

Later that afternoon when the youngsters settled to nap, Artyom took his leave to do just that. He roamed through the forest with a thoughtful frown, earthen stare tracing the ground beneath his ivory paws. He hated that Kavik and Grezig's pups were gone, and guilt settled heavily in his chest as he recalled how Pele hadn't quite been able to settle among his own brood. He'd tried his best to support her, but was there something more he could've done to keep her safe?

"Ah," the Alpha's ears pricked forward, as movement ahead drew him from his wearied thoughts. "Aphrodite?"

I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She was glad to have found him. 
The news wasn't the most reassuring, but Her Alpha had seemed so tired lately. 
"You look positively defeated, sir...but perhaps I can offer you some good news." She settled in beside him, matching his steps. 
"I found Alsek. He's safe, with a relative of Kavik's. He's going with her to Easthollow. But he said he'll want to visit from time to time. I... Haven't told him about Pala being gone." 
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The corners of his mouth tugged upward in a hint of a smile, though the muscles slackened at his comrade's observation. He was exhausted, mentally and physically, and he wasn't fooling anybody. Artyom longed to rest his wearied head, to curl close to his mate and simply sleep safe in the knowledge of having her to wake up to.

She at least had a sliver of good news to share, and the pale-furred Alpha thrust his ears forward in eagerness to hear. "Oh," he blinked, and his thoughts turned at once to the two young she-wolves who'd arrived at their borders and asked after the late Kavik. One of those, perhaps?

He hoped so. Despite the strain of his first meeting with each if Kavik's daughters and the sorrow that wilted their hope of reunion, Artyom felt some small comfort in knowing that Alsek would be safe.

It was unfortunate that the same could not be said of Pele.

"Thank you," he answered smoothly, earthen gaze seeking the fine features of Aphrodite. He appreciated her keeping that information to herself, for Artyom had been responsible for the missing cubs and he supposed it was his update to deliver; "I will send word to Easthollow soon."

I
Banned
203 Posts
Ooc — Tori
She smiled, beaming at the praise. At least it was one worry off her perpetually worried mind. She hated seeing him constantly fret over the state of the pack. At least Dawn and her pups seemed to be doing alright. 
"Also," She continued, practically beaming now. "Surya and I have chosen to be mates. He wants to take things slow, of course, so it's nothing official...But I'm hoping to have pups next season...if all goes well." She looked up at him, somehow seeking not only his permission but approval as well.
323 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Their conversation took a swift, unexpected turn: Surya intended to court Aphrodite? Artyom's gilded ears pricked in surprise, and he took a moment to process this sudden information before his expression brightened. "Then I hope my congratulations are not premature," he said if her blooming relationship and smiled, then wagged his tail with renewed enthusiasm.

Both Aphrodite and Surya had proven themselves as valuable assets to Whitebark, and had integrated well into the family. Artyom knew that his children were especially fond of the healer, who had forged strong bonds with her pack-mates. She certainly deserved the opportunity to be a mother, and it was comforting to know that she had chosen a comrade to sire her future litter rather than an outsider. "You have so much for this pack," he told her, "and for all of this year's little ones. If pups of your own is what you desire, I would not deny you this gift."