Phoenix Maplewood there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel
174 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Alsek....

It only took a name for the unknown boy to sink his way into her heart. Brother....it wasn't that weird was it? To her it was another ray of light come to shine in on the encompassing shadows that had began to have her lose her way. Morena and Soter were their siblings even though they had a different parent technically...though personally her heart always sought out Maman first anyway. While she was still revelling in the warm glow of happy news Polaris turned with the saddest smile she'd ever seen and poured the guilt out leaving Lainie in awe. How...how did she so easily just admit her wrongs without fear like that? Lainie's mistakes had only ever cost her everything she had originally dreamed of and the smothering she once hated...she didn't know how to not feel terrified at the thought of admitting she'd made more. Staring at the pale furred girl incredulously as the sound of home poured into the air filling her up while also tearing her apart. Polaris gave a confession that left her without a choice...it was time to start toughening up again, If Polaris could do it then so could she. At least if only to comfort her sister in the throes of her grief.

"You're the bravest wolf I know" 

It wouldn't stop echoing. She wanted to laugh as tears stung her eyes blinked away before they could and forced a smile to spread on her maw shaking her head and bracing herself for her own confession. "No. You're wrong. I'm weak" she said unable to bring herself to speak their shared tongue dropping her gaze to stare in shame at her paws  "Physically and mentally most of all. I won't ever make it alone for too long, my legs aren't strong enough to hunt alone unless I can find a small animal worth the physical strain. Papa...he didn't seem to notice and if he did he didn't comment. I thought he was happier without me to constantly worry about, that my running off had been a good thing. I left again because I didn't want to drag him down knowing I may walk off and collapse somewhere to die. Someone saved me, he fed me till I was better and disappeared. I come back here and..." she stops there not wanting to repeat it. That tooth had already sunk in deep enough. Lifting her gaze to fastened tear filled eyes gleaming with a determined, warm light into Polaris's woeful gaze  "We're both brave fools for surviving this much as well as for the mistakes made. I just hope he knew at the end somehow that we do love him but... I know he'd just want us to pull ourselves together and live the best we can"  it was said with an air of finality and she tried not to let the strength she'd summoned slip up as she wondered exactly what it was she could do to have a meaningful life anymore. 
Messages In This Thread
RE: there is a girl in the lobby of a cheap hotel - by Lainie - July 02, 2020, 12:32 PM