Emberwood I got years of livin' by and how I choose
the rambler
109 Posts
Ooc — Sully
All Welcome 
lol @Eleuthera again, sorry for the double tag
It was twilight and his legs were shaking; mixed exhaustion and fading adrenaline from a chase that'd ended up almost too close for his liking. But he had another rabbit, now, and the blood on his tongue was already soothing away the feather-light feeling in all his muscles.

Kincaid sank down where he'd made the kill and ate ravenously, scarred ears turning this way and that to ensure he would not be snuck up on a second time.

The rabbit was gone more quickly than he would've liked, but he had more energy now to go looking for something else to eat. For the moment, however, he began cleaning himself up, ruminating on the individuals he'd met since leaving his sworn brother behind, and comparing them rather unfavorably to said man.

Except, he thought Valette had been a fine woman, thus far above reproach. And that girl from the clearing? The older, not the child — on reflection, Kincaid allowed himself to acknowledge that she'd really been something else. He lingered a moment longer over the memory of her very long legs and very blue eyes, and then picked himself up off the forest floor.

A little stronger now, he delved deeper into the forest, gazing up at the colorful boughs for lack of anything better to do. Eventually, he caught sight of a small family of raccoons in one of the trees, and so he sat himself at the bottom to wait and see if one of the clumsy kits might fall into his jaws.
* Kincaid is obviously not a shibe in a cowboy hat. Just a regular, reddish wolf. His avatar is just a silly spiritual portrait.
Messages In This Thread
I got years of livin' by and how I choose - by Kincaid - July 18, 2020, 02:54 AM