Sheepeater Cliff even though I can no longer reach you
60 Posts
Ooc — Zina
At first, the cub moved toward her before she had managed to speak. After he saw her shape, he was unsure, naturally. She didn't look like a wolf. She was not a wolf. She was nothing like anything he had probably ever encountered before. But, Umi wanted to help.

The wolf boy did not respond to her attempts for a good while. Her ears lowered. She crept forward, hoping to appease him, hoping to make him no longer afraid. An instinct kept his eyes wide. He did not respond to her question, instead, asking his own. She blinked, then smiled. Umi, my name's Umi, she said. And you? The tip of her tail wiggled curiously as she bent down lower, setting herself upon the ground to make her space feel more inviting to the pup.

He needed help. But in order to help, she knew that he would need to trust her fully. Where are you off to? She asked the question thinking that he either had an intentional destination, or, more likely, he was separated from his mother and needed to find her. She thought not of the pack that he was part of — packs were not part of her social vocabulary.

If she could help, she would.
Messages In This Thread
even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 01, 2020, 09:48 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 01, 2020, 11:34 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 02, 2020, 10:18 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 03, 2020, 12:04 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 06, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 09, 2020, 03:16 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 09, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 10, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 10, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - October 21, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - October 25, 2020, 11:45 PM