Sheepeater Cliff even though I can no longer reach you
60 Posts
Ooc — Zina
White fur, blue eyes, okay. With a description like that, Umi figured that the wolf cub's mother would be easy enough to spot if she was anywhere nearby. Wolves were usually not white, right? She'd never seen one before. The pair set off as Haruki followed her swiftly, but Umi realized a small problem.

The rain would make the slopes difficult to climb. The feline would have no real trouble with this, but the puppy, well, it was hard to see him getting up so much as a large rock with things getting wetter. Alrighty, let's get you up this ledge, she said calmly, looking at the distance to the nearest flat-ish surface. It didn't look terribly far, but he wasn't a tiny thing either. She was still confident she could carry his weight.

Just hold tight, she said, nodding in a way that sought to comfort him. In a flash she was standing over him, swooping down, and grasping his scruff; the action came very naturally to her.
Oof, heavy boy.
Swiftly but carefully, she pulled herself and the boy up the steepest and most slippery part of the mountainside. Her paw slid out from under her weight once, but she was quick to catch herself, claws splaying out to better grip the rock. It didn't take long before she was setting him down on proper ground.
She stretched herself and felt a light pop of her back. Mothers did this all the time, but that was the first time she'd experimented with it.

We won't find her tracks — the rain will wash them away in no time. We'll have to do some exploring to find her, Umi offered, standing straight and tall as though preparing for battle. She knew that without tracks, it was very unlikely they would find her. She didn't have a direction or anything more than the boy's sorrow to go on, but it wasn't going to stop her from trying.
Instilling hope in little Haruki was her only goal.
Messages In This Thread
even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 01, 2020, 09:48 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 01, 2020, 11:34 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 02, 2020, 10:18 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 03, 2020, 12:04 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 05, 2020, 09:22 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 06, 2020, 10:42 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 09, 2020, 03:16 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 09, 2020, 11:35 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - September 10, 2020, 10:07 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - September 10, 2020, 08:52 PM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Haruki - October 21, 2020, 02:31 AM
RE: even though I can no longer reach you - by Umi - October 25, 2020, 11:45 PM