Lone Star Mountain III
though beside himself with joy to have been reunited with nearly all corners of his familial bonds, ego had grown accustomed to his time as a lone wolf, and he shamefully snuck away from sagtannet to be alone. he hadn't meant to go far, but as soon as he knew he was looking at the sunspires, he couldn't stop the miles from running away beneath him.

he arrived late in the afternoon, watching as an orange haze from the setting sun began to settle around the peaks like glowing halos. the traveler paused to take in the sight, and wondered if he should be marveling at it; if he should care for the beauty of things, rather than their utility. unable to decide, the roving sandraudiga started to ascend a particularly barren-faced mountain, not knowing exactly what it was he looked for.

。+゚☆゚+。Fly me to the moon。+゚☆゚+。
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto
Late reply, my bad!

The blackened femora pranced throughout the night, eventually finding her way up in the sunspires again. Luna didn't know where she was heading or what her intentions on returning to the mountains were, but wanderlust hit the dame like a bat to it's ball and she suddenly couldn't find herself sitting in one place for too long. The heights were her home afterall — Lunaria was always a mountain girl.

The gleam of the evening sky reflected off of her shiny dark coat while she walked, and in the distance, Luna's moonstone gaze was casted upon a mysterious silhouette. It looked as if the fellow was already preoccupied with something else, so the women gave a soft bark to announce her presence and began walking over.
[Image: da6698m-a8f89b53-b982-4210-bdbf-0270bf6457d3.gif]
ego's smooth trot came to a halt as a slender raven-shadow hailed him in the lowlight. yellowed eyes turned to swallow her whole as she approached, and he remained impeccably still; confident in letting her come as close as she dared. with his tail held limp -- in order to communicate his current non-combative status -- the wyvern lifted his long, pallid chin and regarded the petite she-wolf with cold interest. his half-lidded gaze met her shining eyes of seaglass, and his expression demanded to know: what do you want with me?
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

His eyes, his body language, his overall demenor told Lunaria that he was wary of her presence. As to be expected — anyone being approached unannounced by a stranger had every right to be on their guard. Though it was in the fae's nature to seek random company at her lonesome for the purpose of talking their ear off; an extrovert's folly.

"If you think I've arrived to attack, you're wrong." She said with a warm smile, dipping her head low and softly wagging her tail to show that she wasn't a threat. The boy looked a bit younger than her, assumably a yearling, and would've had a similar coloration as her if it weren't for the light peppering that scattered his body — a darker alternative to Macaria's own coat. "Come to enjoy the view as well?"
the look ego returned to the she-wolf's statement was one of pure astonishment, before it turned to outright derision. "i was not worried for my safety," ego snorted, with rolling eyes and a dismissive turn of his muzzle from the vantablack loner. he did not bother to expound on his own about what he meant, but looked sidelong at the brave bird again when she asked if he was here for the scenery.

"enjoy?" he repeated in disbelief. "i do not enjoy vantage points, i only use them." he couldn't understand this wolf, and a thousand questions about her seemed to float through his mind: what was with her? what kind of lala land was she living in? why did she smell so nice?

the young shadow shifted uncomfortably, and tried to clear his lonely thoughts of any interest in knowing her further.
175 Posts
Ooc — Cheeto

The young male had a snarky air about him. He snorted in response to her comment, even going so far as to turn his muzzle away dismissivly and roll his eyes; Lunaria couldn't help but find it adorable. They fit the stereotype of how a yearling would act perfectly and he was a fiesty little one — well, figuratively speaking. By no means was Lunaria bigger than them (then again, when would she ever actually encounter someone smaller than her?)

A soft laugh escaped her lips
"Mineee thennn?" she mused inquisitivly, tilting her dark crown to the side with a raised eyebrow and mischievous-looking smile. "If my safety was in danger, I would've been a goner by now, no?" It certainly didn't seem as though he planned on attacking her, yet there was always a possibility for change. For now, the young brute seemed harmless. 

"Vantage points can make a nice view as well—" Luna chirped with closed eyes in response to the next statement, opening her orbs once more towards him. "Though, if you aren't here to watch the sun go down, what is it that you seek?"
If Ego thought he had already been struck by her boldness, then he was now clobbered senseless by her laughter. What was so goddamn funny? Now he was positive this she-devil was out of her mind. And he could not collect his thoughts quick enough to be clear about why she vexed him so. Wound up, and trying not to show it, the wolf grit his teeth and let his paling jaw set into a hard line. It took nearly all of his strength not to grunt at her, like an upset boar.

She continued to mock him -- which was only met with dagger glares and a visible consideration of proving her wrong -- but Ego was no mindless retaliator. He could be vindictive, but this encounter had not yet exacted any true offense… though this seemed liable to change.

Another insistence that there was something other to be seen here than utility; another know-it-all roll of his eyes. He felt disinclined to admit he was in these mountains for nostalgic purposes, so he chose to say instead: I’m scouting, of course. Like any smart wolf, his tone and expression implied. What use is there in watching the sun set, anyway? Do you expect that it won’t?