Emberflame Ridge we like to run with the wolves from the darker scene
water to wine and the finest of sands
40 Posts
Ooc — markab
Away
[Image: tenor.gif]

"sparky?" condor cast his gaze skyward with a heavy sigh. "you know, i do despair for the state of your head sometimes. i understand this complete lack of thought might be some common ground between you, but you're not supposed to name it. i won't be pleased if we take it back and you start getting cold feet."

at which point, their darling sister arrived with all the drama one might expect, bursting from the trees with the most wild accusation she could call up. it was almost offensive that she'd even pretend to assume either of them – even buzzard – would allow someone to knock them up with the possibility of producing this, but she had an admirable dedication to banter, and he'd graciously let it slide.

rearing back in the fashion of a startled horse, condor tossed his head. "darling! you wound me. if i had a child, i assure you, it would turn out smarter than this. and certainly far prettier." he gestured extravagantly with a paw in the boy's direction, unsurprised to see vulture's appearance still hadn't clued him in. "no, we've stolen this one. everything about him is unfortunate, but i believe he'll make a good ransom, as long as we keep him in one piece."

and, at last, the boy spoke.

"ah, he finally gets it." condor turned his attention back to the child, whose wide eyes spoke of a realization that was several hours delayed. "yes, i'm glad to see you've finally caught up. perhaps there's hope for you yet. we'll be taking you home, of course, in our own time. i'm afraid you'll be waiting a while longer."

Messages In This Thread
RE: we like to run with the wolves from the darker scene - by Condor - September 07, 2020, 11:19 PM