Silver Creek here we stand
34 Posts
Ooc —
The boy is crying now, and Lio is immediately panicked. Of course, they do not register that the tears are from physical pain and not emotional. All that would make sense to them is that the other teen is crying because he misses his family. And truly, they can relate. 

They splash, splash, splash across the creek, coming to a halt on the other side, fully intent on consoling the other yearling. 

"I miss my family too. But yours is close! There's no need to cry," they attempted to reassure, eyes round with worry and head tilted slightly to the side. Concern settled deep in their chest.

It wasn't long before the tears dried, and the tall wolf seemed to collect himself. Eyes. But that was not what he focused on. 

Lio's markings had been most of what set them apart from what their family usually looked like, but they'd never been... focused on. It was unimportant, after all, what they looked like. But from time to time, they had tried to make sense of the mottling across the youth's face. 

A smile stretched across Lio's own maw. "You are not crazy," they admonished lightly, stepping back just a bit from where they were sure they'd invaded the other's space in their attempt to comfort. "I believe I got them from my father. I've been told that they look like many different shapes." Flowers, butterflies, skulls. Lio could only see spots. 

"My name is Lio," they offered, remembering that that was typically something that people would offer up in conversation. They needed something to call one another, at least in their heads.
Messages In This Thread
here we stand - by Wymond - October 10, 2020, 03:17 PM
RE: here we stand - by Lio - October 10, 2020, 08:32 PM
RE: here we stand - by Wymond - October 10, 2020, 10:49 PM
RE: here we stand - by Lio - October 10, 2020, 11:13 PM
RE: here we stand - by Wymond - October 10, 2020, 11:41 PM
RE: here we stand - by Lio - October 10, 2020, 11:57 PM
RE: here we stand - by Wymond - October 12, 2020, 07:06 AM
RE: here we stand - by Lio - October 12, 2020, 11:09 PM
RE: here we stand - by Wymond - October 13, 2020, 06:19 AM
RE: here we stand - by Lio - October 14, 2020, 10:32 PM
RE: here we stand - by Wymond - October 14, 2020, 11:22 PM