Neverwinter Forest Two-fifty for an eyeball, and a buck-and-a-half for an ear
120 Posts
Ooc — Jess
Jackalope managed to avoid growling at the observation his sister made, though it didn't stop him from scowling at her remark, and mouthing silently as though imitating her. She was right- but she was always right, and he echoed himself from many a previous admission, by groaning as he spoke "Yeah, yeah, yeah." He simply didn't have the patience to pull the burrs out gently, to comb through the fur with his teeth and wriggle them free, he simply wanted them all out of his pelt, yesterday. He rolled his eyes and heaved a sigh as she nudged his muzzle aside, and uttered a soft, moody growl as she started pulling the burrs from his fur. She was gentler than he'd been- but Jackalope was a horrible patient. 

His lips twitched every time she pulled a burr loose, and occasionally he uttered a soft yip in protest when a few hairs were pulled loose with a burr. Of course, he had very little patience for pain, and by the time she'd freed most of them from his pelt he'd had more than enough. He uttered a short snarl of warning when a few stray strands of fur came free with a burr near his ribs, and scooched away from her. "Damnit Glee," He protested, shuffling his hindquarters away from her, so she couldn't nab the last few that were embedded in the fur of his flank, where the flesh was most sensitive. "I'm tryna grow my fur out, y'know, for winter," He explained in a childish tone, before he reached back, grabbed the last clump of burrs and wrenched them free, pulling a fair chunk of grey fur with it. "Pull enough of my fur out and I'll have to bunk in with you and your ankle-biters just to keep warm. And believe me, none of us want that to happen."
Messages In This Thread
RE: Two-fifty for an eyeball, and a buck-and-a-half for an ear - by Jackalope - October 25, 2020, 11:14 PM